Saturday, October 10, 2009

Yesterday and today

Yesterday was not the best of days. Here's a run down:

2 AM- Woke up with the sensation of water pouring down my throat due to over active sinuses/allergies and then sneezing

3 AM- Same allergies

4 AM- Ditto

5 AM- More of the same

6 AM- Still going strong; wondering why I even take allergy meds

6:30- Phone call from a panicked sister who was on her way to the airport in Little Rock to fly home when her back driver's side window fell down and wouldn't go back up and it was raining

6:50- Get off the phone with a now calm sister

7:15- Get in shower to get ready to go pick up said sister with Dad

7:30- Luke wakes up, cutting into my get ready time

9:00- Dad comes and picks us up

9:45- Arrive a Love Field and pick up Ashley

10:00- Finally get breakfast with Dad, Ashley and Luke at Cracker Barrel

11:00- In a zombie like fashion sit on couch for a loooooong time

Now when I tell you that I went to bed at 8:30 a Friday night, you might be a little more understanding, and a little less likely to call me a grandma.

This morning I woke up to a very cold world (it was 68 degrees in my house!!! We were freeeeezing, we normally keep the temp at 79 in the summer) but that's okay because it was my good friend Niki's baby shower today! I have been so excited to give her the present I made her, which was a huge hit. Yay! And tonight Luke and I went over to have dinner with Mom, Dad, and Ashley. They made a swordfish steak (which was actually pretty good, I just wasn't that hungry from all my snacking at the shower) and banana pudding for dessert. I let Luke have some and of course he LOVED it. When I say he loved it, I mean he actually picked up the bowl and licked it. We have photographic evidence of this occurrence, but it's on Mom's camera so I'll post the pictures one day. Instead I'll just leave you with a couple of good shots of Ashley and Luke that I've gotten in the last 15 months.

No comments: