Wednesday, January 6, 2010

18 month well check

Today Luke, Kayden, and I ventured out for the first time together to go to Luke's 18 month well check. It was crazy!  Trying to get a carrier around  with a toddler is about as difficult and prone to fumbling as it looks.  If Luke was a little older and I could trust him to stay by my side when I tell him to, things might be a little different.  But the instant there is another bush, or tree, or flower, or car tire to look at and touch, it don't matter WHAT Momma says, that boy is off. 

But we did it and all survived.  Luke's stats are 25.8 lbs (I was THOROUGHLY shocked it was so much less than 30), 32 1/2 inches tall, and I think she said his head was 43 cm around.  Something like that.  I forgot to ask about his percentiles chart, so I'm not sure where he falls on all of those, but the kid looks pretty average to me, so I'm guessing somewhere around the 50% for all.  Get it?  Average?  50%?  I know you are so glad you are still reading.

Most of the time we talked about his milestones.  He still failed several, but not nearly as many as his 9 month or 12 month milestones.  My baby is slowely catching up!  He is still farthest behind on his language (like we didn't already know that), but I've already got him an appointment with the developmental pediatrician on the 12th.  I just can't believe my precious angel is already 18 months!

Tonight at church I got to have dinner with some friends who just came back from a 2 weeks mission trip to China.  They got back Monday and boy were their stories great!  I'm just so glad everyone is home saftely, no matter how much the jet lag stinks.  ;)  And then in bible class I started the Ester study by Beth Moore.  I think it is going to be a great one, and I can't wait to sink my teeth in it. 

Speaking of teeth, please everyone pray that all of the rest of Luke's teeth come in soon.  I"m so tired of having a fist full of spit come at me everytime he reaches for me.  The child literally chews on his ENTIRE FIST.  The whole thing goes in his mouth.  Yet another reason we still haven't let go of the paci. 

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

I did the Esther study in the fall. It was great .. it was the first Beth Moore study I did. And I'm going to hear her speak live in March :)