Saturday, January 9, 2010

Lazy day

Well, it was a lazy day for me.  Is it ever really a lazy day for a toddler?  This morning while Luke made his usual gigantic mess he calls "playing", I read a book.  Doesn't that sound nice?  He played all around me and I sat with this super warm blanket, a cup of coffee (that came to a total of 3 by the end of the morning), and my book that I'm reading. 

A few weeks ago I got Francine River's A Lineage Of Grace.  It's five different ficitional naratives about women in Jesus' lineage.  I've loved it.  This morning I started the last one, titled Unafraid, about Mary.  As I read about her telling the story of rearing Jesus I watched my own son play and just couldn't help but get teary.  This woman got to watch Abba take His first steps.  He called her Momma.  When he got a boo boo she got to kiss it.  Amazing.  I'm about half way through it and I'll probably finish it in bed tonight after I finish watching the Cowboy's game. 

Unless they continue to spank the Eagles and I'll cut out early to go read. 

So that was this morning, and this afternoon I took a very dangerous trip to Target.  The temperature finally got up around the freezing mark today, so I felt good about leaving the house.  Why was it dangerous?  There are always good things to get.  I found a sweater and a pair of shoes for Luke, both 50% off.  But mostly because I found these. (the canisters)



Aren't they so cute?   I love getting little things to spruce up the place.  The canisters that I had before had been wedding presents, so I thought it was time to get some fresh color in the kitchen.  Plus it inspired me to hang these up over the back door.



Mom got them for me for Christmas, and I love them!  They say Coffee (duh, that one is big enough to read), "There will be a $5 charge for whinning", "Kitchen rules: take it or leave it", "Keep the kitchen clean- eat out"  (my personal motto), and "Home is where they love you"  Thanks Santa Mom!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

That book you are reading sounds great. Definitely something I would love. Hope you're having a great weekend.