Monday, January 11, 2010

Nary a spot

I spent my whole day cleaning.  Whole day.  Cleaning.

Why you might ask?  Because I procrasinated last week and didn't to ANY, and this week looks so full I knew it wouldn't get done otherwise.  So I did it all.  Today.  All.  While taking care of two needy boys. 

Now there are no milk splatters in the kitchen.  No drool spots in the living room.  No yogurt smears on the couch.  No water spots in the bathroom.  No trash in any cans.  No laundry to be found anywhere.  No dusty finger prints on the entertainment center.  For one magical night the house is clean.  Is this what Christmas Eve feels like to an adult? 

Just don't look too closely in the corners.  While I used to pride myself on being a good house keeper, I have come to realize (and fully accept) that I'm a good enough house keeper.  The stove may not look pristenly brand-new, I hate doing base boards, and those pesky cobwebs won't seem to fall down, but it's clean where it counts. 

And it feels good. 

So bring it on, oh you rest of the week, because this momma can handle it now.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

please come clean my house. the end.