Friday, January 1, 2010

No resolutions please

I'm not one to do resolutions.  I think they are lame.  I think that you have the power to start something new each day that you wake up with the ability to make choices.  So that's pretty much everyday that you are breathing and not in a coma. 

That being said......I do have a few thoughts for this year.  Over the last few months I have tried to focus my life back on Christ.  I've really put forth the effort to revive my relationship with Him.  I hope that this year I can continue to draw closer to my God and let Him continue to change me in ways that I could never do by myslef. 

One of those ways I'm working on is my snotty-ness.  If you don't know me personally, I have the tendencies to speak before I think, stick my foot in my mouth, and not be the most polite to everyone around me.  Blec.  Nobody wants to be that girl.  I want to be a woman of grace and love and compassion.  So that's one facet I'm praying that God works on.  And you know how He usually works on your weaknesses?  By sitting you smack dab in the middle of what makes you uncomfortable and draws out those negative reactions.  *sigh*  Bring it on. 

Anyway, I guess that's the closest thing to a resolution as I'm gonna get.  Sure I'd like to loose a few pounds around the middle.  Of course I would love to revamp my eating habits and be healthier.  Who wouldn't want to pick  up a new hobby?  But lets be honest.  None of those are probably going to happen.  Momma loves her coffee, Dr. Pepper, snacks, and tv.  No, I've decided to work from the inside out, and pray that the Lord will take me under His wing and fix me up in ways I could never do myself.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Praying over you for a wonderful, Christ filled 2010.