Monday, January 4, 2010

First day on the job

Suprised?  Yes, I started my new job today.  It's called I'm-a-surrogate-mother-to-an-infant.  Or child care provider.  Or babysitter.  Whatever.  The point is, today was the first day Kayden came over to play.  As much as an 8 week old infant can play.  I think he's 8 weeks. 

ANYWAYS.  It was good!  He's another easy baby who eats and sleeps.  Although, he's not quite as content to lay around when he's awake like Luke was, so I'm not sure what to do with him sometimes.  He might have to be subjected to my made up songs with their made up tunes.  His mom is a girl who is a teacher at Mom's school, and today was the first day back from Christmas vacay.  All the teachers groaned, all the parents rejoiced. 

Tonight Luke and I got out to do a couple of errands while Cody got a massage.  I would be super jealous about that, but it was what he asked for for Christmas from Mom and Dad.  I could have asked for the same thing and I chose not to, so I can't be jealous.  Right? 

Back to the errands.  Nothing says "Please come help me"  like a young mom carrying a toddler through Home Depot up and down the isles.  I was sure they would put those outside faucet insulator things up at the front seeing how cold it is but NOOOO they make you pace around carrying a 30 lb lump of sweetness on your hip until you have to ask the old man helping someone else where they are.  But I got them and when I put them on tonight neither of them fit our faucets outside.  Poetic justice right?  At least they were only 98 cents.  And styrofoam so I could jimmy-rig them.

Then we went to James Avery to get my new charm sautered on from Christmas.  Mom got me a charm that says " I *heart* crafts"  How perfect is that? 

Tada!  That was my day.  Well, I also cooked some killer chicken breasts with something I threw together.  Cody had some left over onion from dinner last night, so I sliced them up and put them on top of the chicken with lots of lemon pepper seasoning.  I was pleasently suprised how good my make shift dinner turned out.  Luke even ate some of the chicken, which is an item he's decided to veto the last couple of weeks. 

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Again, I'm so glad your first day on the job went well!