Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Now I've got a craving

Ever since my good friend Niki mention that she and Sonic's Dr. Pepper where having a little thing on the side, well darn it if I didn't need one too.  So tonight on my way home from picking up my braclet and dinner guess what I passed.  That's right.  A Sonic.  And could I just drive on by and go home?  Nope.  I thought I'd get a little treat to go with dinner. 

When I get drinks from Sonic, I rarely get DP, for some reason I have always thought it tasted a little different somehow than any other DP.  I usually get a cherry vanilla coke, because I heart those a lot and the only other way to get one would be to buy cherry coke and vanilla coke and mix it yourself.  Who wants to do that when Sonic does it so superbly well?  Now much to the suprise of everyone, myself included, is that Dr. Pepper and I have been on a break lately.  Now, don't get me wrong, I could never completely break up with DP.  But we agreed that for a little while it was best to try some other flavors of soda, lest our relationship get stale and boring.  So when out I have been getting a lot of tea.  Because that's really the only thing left after Dr. Pepper and coffee. 

When the little gal brought me my large Dr. Pepper  I thought to myself "Hey!  I can see if it really does taste funny since I haven't had one in a while, or if I was just always being a DP snob."  And you know what?  I'm a snob.  But that's okay, because I've still almost finished the whole thing and haven't even started dinner yet.

So thanks Niki for the craving.  It was worth it.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

You are funny.

I recently broke up with Pepsi. Well, at least .. asked Pepsi to give me a little space. I'm trying to go all month without drinking pop ... I mean Soda? ... (except I let myself on New Years day) and I will let myself on Evan's birthday.

So far, it's only January 6th and I'm struggling!