Monday, July 26, 2010

Quick note

For reason's I don't really want to go in to right now, today was not the greatest day.  But a couple of things happened that I want to make note of so I don't forget.

One thing, is that today Luke almost had his first bloody nose.  He wanted to play outside so I made him go get some shoes.  He was running back into the the living room and ran SMACK into the corner of the couch.  The part that's wooden.  Is it bad that I was laughing and moaning with him at the same time?  Poor baby kept holding his face, I thought for sure blood would start gushing out any moment.  Good news.  It didn't.

The boo boo that he DID get though, was some sweet bruises on his back from yesterday.  Last night at the park I was pushing him on the big kid swing (not very high at ALL, it was his first time on it), when at the apex of the swing he flipped out and landed flat on his back.  I thought it just mostly scared him and knocked the wind out of him, but today there are bruises back there.  But what's a boy without a few war wounds? 

Another thing I want to note is his growing obsession with saying the words "choo choo".  When he gets to babbling and just telling you all about something, whatever he has going in that little brain of his, every other babble is choo choo.  It's the funniest thing.  He says that about as much as he does the "car" sign.  Which he does.  A. Lot. 

He's also taken to waving a lot.  The first thing he does in the morning is stand at the end of the bed and wave at me until I look up from my pillow.  At nap time he stays in the hall and waves until I acknowledge him.  It's the funniest thing.  Then he'll run up to you and start telling you something, I like to think he's talking about what he dreamed about and what he wants to go do.  I sure wish I knew what he was saying.  He's also showing a lot more affection, in the form of pats, pets, and quick kisses on the leg, arm, bum, what ever is at mouth level at the moment.  So sweet.  I love that little boy more than anything, and I am just so blessed to be his momma.  Thank you Jesus for the gift of him.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Sorry you had a rough day. Email me if you need to vent. Love you.