Monday, July 19, 2010

Ya get whatcha pay for

This time I mean it in the good way....

To follow up on yesterday, last night he did have a lot of trouble sleeping.  I went in to rock him, and he was able to doze off when he was up right next to me, but when I laid him down the poor thing could not get comfortable.  At.  All.  He tossed and turned and moaned and whined and just wanted to hold my hand.  Finally at 11 I couldn't stand it anymore, so I told Cody I was putting him in our bed.  He agreed and we both dropped what we were doing and hit the sheets.  It only lasted 10 minutes though.  Luke thought the sleepover was a grand idea and kept whispering to us about it, as well as tossing and turning.  Which Cody's back got the brunt of.  At 11:10 Cody said he was done, he couldn't be kicked in the back anymore, to just give him the Motrin and put him in his own bed. 

I tried to give him the Motrin.  Really.  I did.  But he was fighting me so bad, and I didn't want to make him throw up, that Cody took over out of frustration with me and I ran out of the room so I didn't have to witness anything.  All I know is the medicine got down and he slept like a baby in his own bed. 

Today was a fun day.  This morning Luke and I went over to Mom and Dad's to say goodbye to Gran and Grandy before they left, then we made a quick trip to Wal Mart.  After Wallyworld we went back to Mom's for a quick lunch, put Luke down for a nap at their house, then Ashley and I hit the road to Sprinkles. 

And we found Sprinkles.  One of the huge benefits of living so very close to Dallas is being so very close to yummy places.  Like Sprinkles.  And their Key Lime cupcakes.  And their Mocha cupcakes.  Oh man, you haven't lived till you try those two flavors. 

On our way back home we passed a Pinkberry.  So what did we do?  Stop for yogurt.  Because nothing washes down a couple of cupcakes like frozen yogurt.  A LOT of self serve yogurt places having been popping up all over the place here in town, but only Highland Park has the original.  It was a tad bit more expensive than just the run of the mill yogurt place, but holy moly was it worth it.  I got the watermelon yogurt with strawberries on top, and it was the best.  The.  Best.  Normally yogurt's flavor is a bit subdue (at least to me), but this was crazy intense on flavor.  I believe I'll be going back. 

Then we came home, picked up Luke, and puttered around the house.  I cleaned the kitchen.  Did a couple of loads of laundry.  Gave Luke his ear drops.  Had to cuddle Luke for an hour afterwards because it was so traumatic.  2 days down, 8 more to go.  He was feeling back  to himself  today though.  And he went to sleep no problem.  Whew!  I do love that my sweet boy needs me sometimes though.  I love him so much, and any chance to give back that love makes me super happy.  This morning I was sitting with the laptop in my lap and he was pushing the c.d. drive open and close.  Finally I was annoyed enough to tell him to stop, that he couldn't push anymore buttons.  So what does he do?  He grabbed my thumb with his whole fist and used it to push the button to open it.  Who couldn't love that kid after that?

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

1. Never ever ever write about key lime cupcakes again unless you have one for me.

2. So glad Little man's feeling better.