Sunday, April 25, 2010

Don't cry over spilled....cranberry juice

I really should have updated each day this weekend instead of trying to recap it all now, but I didn't.  So there.

Friday night Cody and I had Luke in the car.  Cody hates my car and refuses to drive it, if it can be helped, so I was behind the wheel.  We were approaching a stop light and apparently I wasn't slowing down soon enough for him, so Cody told me to start slowing down.  Really?!  In my head I was thinking "Excuse me buster, but not only have I been driving for 10 years, but I have been driving THIS VERY CAR for 10 years.  Do Not Tell Me when to slow down."  Instead I just told him to take a chill pill.  Once we were almost stopped I thought I'd be a little obnoxious and press really hard on the break to jerk to a stop the last couple of feet.  You know, stick it to the man.  As soon as we all thumped back into our seats Luke shouts out "OOOOOOoooooohhhhhhhh!"  We just busted out laughing because there is no telling where he picked that up. 

Yesterday I spent the day doing odds and ends projects around the house.  Like taking all of the little boxes of baby clothes stashed around the house and condensing them into two huge tubs.  Nothing like a woman with baby fever going through a stash of sentimental baby clothes.  On the plus side, they are all organized and concisely put away and ready for a trip up to the attic.  I also got the base coat of paint on Luke's step stool.  And cleaned the floors at 10 pm.

After church today I had lunch with my group of friends and it took 2 hours.  They were soooo slow (the servers, not my friends).  And it culminated with Luke dumping an entire cup of cranberry juice on himself.  When it was time to go his pants were so wet that he was literally waddling.  I was wearing white pants, which meant I couldn't hold him, so he had to just waddle on out.  Except he wasn't watching where he was going and ran smack into some dude's chair.  He fell over crying hysterically, and I couldn't pick him up to hold him due to the aforementioned white pants.  I'm smashing his face into my shoulder to quiet the screams, apologizing to the guy for creating a ruckus during his (probably) slow meal, and staring at the wet splotch on the floor from where he fell over.  Finally we make it out to the car and I just striped him down.  That lead to a car ride home that looked like this. 

(aren't you glad I happened to have my camera?)

When we finally made it home, at almost 2, I just put him straight to bed.  The child slept until 4:45.  Tired much? While he napped I took the opportunity to start painting the design on the step stool.  Maybe when I'm finished I'll attempt to make a tutorial.  Because everone wants to know how to paint a step stool, right?  Tonight was small groups at my dear Sara's house, and from 5:30 to 9:30 I sat out on their back deck and visited the whole time.  It was glorious.  Of course I had my occasionally running arounds in the name of child location (mine doesn't seem to care whether or not he's around others), but otherwise it was a totally wonderful evening.  I don't even care if I got mostiquo bites.  And if you know me, you know that's a big deal.

No comments: