Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lots to tell

Ugggg.  What a busy weekend.  Where do I even begin? 

Friday night I thought I would have nothing to do.  Cody was supposed to go out with his friends after work, but he suprised me by showing up at home.  We went to Fuzzy's for dinner, although we ended up getting it to go due to a fussy kid.  Waiting in line for 30 mintues + grumpy toddler + a daddy with a low patients thresh hold = not the fun family dinner I had planned in my head.  I went to bed a little earlier than normal that night.

Saturday dawned dark and dreary.  The rain had come.  Hung out on the couch for a little while, made a onesie for Sunday (pictured at the end), and then once I put Luke down for a nap I went to visit my dear Sara for a couple of hours.  She got put on bed rest on Friday for high blood pressure for the whole weekend so I went to keep her company.  We'll find out tomorrow morning if she is released from the bed rest or will have to continue.  We're praying on the side of release.  When I came home one set of toddler sheets I had ordered had arrived, so I got Cody and Dillon (who was over for a visit) to transform Luke's crib into a toddler bed.  That's right folks!  My baby is in a big boy bed!  It looks so cute. 

And he LOVED it.  He immediatly climbed up in it and started rolling around.  This is him "going night night".  

He cracks me up. 

Then we dropped him off at Mom and Dad's because Cody and I went to dinner and a movie!  I made him take me to get sushi.  And then we went to see Date Night. 

Oh. My.  Goodness. 

At one point I was laughing so hard tears were forming in my little eyes. 

When we got home it was time to put Luke in the big boy bed.  AHHH!!!  I tucked him all in, turned out the lights, and shut the door.  We didn't hear a peep out of him.  Until about 15 minutes later when there was a "rattle rattle" coming from his door.  The little stinker was trying to escape!  Luckily his smart momma had baby proofed the inside of the door so he couldn't open it.  Cody told him through the door to get back in bed, and we didn't hear from him again.  I checked on him before I got in bed myself, and bless his sweet little heart he was sacked out, just like he should be in his bed.  I love him. 

Today it was still dreary outside, and pretty chilly.  Luke and I were super early to bible class, because I was not about to miss my girls this week!  Oh my, they were so funny.  I think the highlights of the chit chat was finding out someone didn't get to come because she didn't take her allergy medicine last night,  praying for a dog's allergies, and trying to answer the question "why" in response to EVERYTHING that was mentioned.  I mean, she asked why I was born in June when I told  them when my birthday was.  I told her because that's when my momma had me!  Then to my pleasent suprise, my good friend Shae and her family were in town.  We got to have lunch together and spent a long time catching up.  I sure do miss them! 

After lunch I ran home to put Luke down and change my clothes....I had a baby shower to get to!  Nap time is what I was most nervous about with the bed, and sure enough 10 minutes after I shut his door there was a familiar rattle.  Once again I told him through the door to get in bed, and this time he cried about it.  I felt bad about cutting and running at such a crucial time, but *shrug* oops.  Have fun with that Daddy!  I had a great time at the shower, I visited my little heart out.  I didn't get home until 3 hours later!  Then tonight was a good service at church about becoming an intergenerational church and it was REALLY interesting.  Afterwards I spent another hour standing around visiting!  I don't think I normally get this much adult talking in a WEEK!

So see?  It was a good weekend.  Busy.   Drizzly.  But very very good.


Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Once again, love the onesie you made. And yay for the big boy bed!

Jill said...

Just thought you should know...
YOU WON!!! my give-away for the pleated poppy!!! email me your shipping info and I'll give it to Lindsey!!
Happy Monday!!