Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Totally embarrassed

This morning Luke woke up at 7- waaaaaay earlier than, well, ever.  Evenutally he got tired of being locked in his room, so he started crying/fussing at his door (now, before you feel sorry for him, this is that fake-I-want-attention cry that he shuts off the moment you open the door and smiles like "that's right.  I got what I wanted.")  I yelled from my bed, while my head may or may not have been under the pillow, to GET BACK IN BED PLEASE!!  The crying/fussing didn't stop, so I was forced to get up.  But where was that little stinker?  Sitting smack in the middle of his bed, grinning. 

It was playground day today, so we went ahead and got dressed, ate breakfast, and left the house by 8:45.  It's a Christmas Miracle!  (name that movie)  We went to Target where I got new towels for Luke's bathroom to match the stool, and I tried on a few things.  One of those things was a new swim suit (there is a small chance we might get to hit the beach this summer).  Oh man.  Bikini's do not look the same on me anymore.  I even got the size bigger than my undies are, and they were too small.  I couldn't tell if they were physically too small, or just cut that way on purpose, but there was too much panty sticking out everywhere for me to feel even remotely comfortable.  And I won't even talk about the top.  Let's just say bandeau style is not my friend.  I tried on a couple of shirts too, and they weren't good either.  I think my wallet was glad all the clothes and my body were at war today.  It also got me to thinking.  I don't want to go on a diet, per say, I don't think I could ever in my life stick to a diet, but I do need to start making better choices for myself.  Like, maybe having water after my Dr. Pepper instead of another Dr. Pepper.  And limiting it to one scoop of ice cream instead of 4.  Who knows.  Maybe I'll actually not be ashamed of my body this summer.  I always have good intentions like this.  But then I get derailed.  Like tonight.  Mere hours after I made this decision I couldn't for the life of me bring myself to cook dinner and ordered pizza.  Then ate 4 slices.  But I had water insed of DP, so does that count?

After Target we went to Lowe's to get flowers for a big pot Mom gave me (which I had forgotten to get out of the back of Cody's truck and now he's told me it's at work because he had to move stuff yesterday and it got in the way.  I'm going to be a little peeved if it's gone tomorrow.)  and to get the polyurethane.  By the time we got all that done we still had  20 mintues to spare before I told people I would be at the park at 10:30!  We just got there early.  And it's unfortuante that we did, because some Methidost church's preschool was having a field trip.  There were about 100 kids all in blue shirts with a million adult chaperons clogging up the place.  As annoying as it was, I think Luke and Jayden (Tamera got to come!) had fun running around.  Eventually Luke started to get clinging and whiney so I deemed it lunch and nap time. 

We got home and I immediately put Kayden down to sleep and fixed Luke some lunch.  Then I got him off to bed and I went out back to spray down the step stool.  I shalacked the heck out of it.  When I finished, Kayden was up.  Booooooo to not getting any Momma time.  I brought him into the living room with me to watch tv, and someone comes walking up the sidewalk.  I meet him at the door so he won't ring the door bell, and what does he hand me?  A city warning to mow by Monday or we will get a ticket.  I'm sure my face turned bright red.  How......embarrassing.  I take great pride in how my house looks on the inside, and it horrified me that the outside was bad enough that someone called us in.  Of course Cody could have cared less and almost didn't mow tonight, but there was no way I was sleeping tonight before it was taken care of. After numerous threats and a little pouting, it's done.

And now I'm going to get in the shower (nope, didn't do that today) and then go straight to bed.  With any luck I'll be tucked in a good 15 minutes earlier than normal.

No comments: