Sunday, April 4, 2010

He has RISEN!

What a beatiful day to celebrate.  Last night when I put Luke to bed I got to tell him all about today.  Today is an amazing day that we get to remember.  Today is the reason we are truly alive.  Today is the reason we have hope.  Today is the reason we have a future.  And all because THE Lord, in compelete love, had the compassion to experience Hell so that we could have everything.  EVERYTHING.

Amazing.

As you do in most celebrations, we had a little gift exchange.  Okay, we gifted Luke in the traditional Easter manner.  He got to wear his super handsome Easter outfit to church:


He got his Easter basket before we left:


After nap time we had a egg hunt in the back yard:



And we at ate lots and lots of candy:




I didn't even let him eat this much candy at Halloween.  I'm becoming a big ole softie.

Then we came in and busted out the car that was inside the big egg and his new bubbles.  Oh my, we had not done bubbles in a long time, since he's really been old enough to enjoy them I guess, and he LOVED IT.  I got the biggest kick out of watching his entire face light up and him flapping his arms around like a maniac trying to "catch" them.  And apparently we haven't gotten down the concept of blowing, because I would catch a bubble on the wand and he would "blow" it off.....which really meant he would lean in closer and closer until is eventually kissed it and it popped. 

Tonight Cody picked us up dinner from a new place- Fuzzy Tacos.  I don't like Mexican food, and I don't like tacos.  Oh. My. Word.  It was pure amazingness.   I could eat there every day.  I had never had it before and I wasn't particularly looking forward to tonight's entree, but I'm so glad I went with it. 

Also, we still had a wild banshee at 8:50.  Bedtime is usually 8 at the latest.  Cody calls him Raptor-boy when he gets to shrieking like that.  I'm talking running races with himself crazy.  He would go "Ahh...ahhh....gooooo!" and then tear off through the house (that's translates "Ready.....set.....gooooo!" for those of you who don't speak Luke-talk).  This kid was on more of a sugar high than he knew what to do with. 

Today we got to revel in the fact that our Savior lives and enjoy the Sabath.  We had more candy than should have been allowed.  We had a great lunch with the family and a relaxing dinner with the Von Trapp family singers (Sound of Music was on).  It was a grand day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Luke looked precious (as usual) in his Easter outfit. Sometimes you just have to break the candy rule! :)

~Luke's Nana~

Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter weekend. Luke is blessed to have a mother who will teach him the importance of these holidays!