Friday, April 30, 2010

It died

This afternoon Luke and I emptied the dishwasher.  This is a chore that occurs every couple of days, and I love my little helper.  Although his method of dumping all the silveware into the drawer is a little unorthidox and he scares me when I turn around and he has a glass in each hand, I will gladly sort silverware at a later time (give the kid a break, he can't really see into the drawer!) and buy more glasses if need be just to have that sweet face around.  Today though, we had to mourn.  I pulled out the bottom rack and this was laying in the heating coil. 


Rest in peace sweet sippy cup lid.  You did your job well. 

Note to self.  Make sure sippy cup lids are properly placed in the upper rack before turning washer on. 

Something else also died today.  My precious boy's love of band-aids.  Okay, that's kind of a stretch because I'm not sure if he really loved them or not, but let's just go with it.  He'll love them eventually.  Late this afternoon he was playing out back and skinned his knee.  This one was a doozy with blood and everything.  I scooped him up and plopped him next to the sink and somehow I managed to clean it amidst the shrieks of pain and wiggly legs that didn't want soap on them.  Then when it still wouldn't stop bleeding I thought "Hey!  I'll get a band-aid!  Kids love those things, they make everything better, and then he'll stop screaming!" 

Big mistake.  As soon as I pulled out the package he looked horror stricken and started waving his arms, all while screaming even louder.  The noise escalated as I opened the band-aid up.  And as I was trying to apply it (in and around the 10 hands he grew to slap it away) you would have thought it was an alcohol soaked gauze.  I figured once it was on there he would see it was okay and get over it.  Nope.  An hour later I ripped it off.  Maybe that's why he didn't want it there in the first place. 

One a cheerier note, look what came in the mail for me today! 


Jill hosted a give away a couple of weeks ago and she was giving this note book cover away from Lindsey (coinsidence?!).  I've really enjoyed having her blog added to my daily list of reading material!  Both of these ladies are so talented when it comes to crafting.  I always love whatever they come up with. 

And finally, last but not least, I'll leave you with a sweet picture of Luke from this morning, to counter act all the screaming you've got pictured in your head right now.  We were waiting for his new ECI case worker to come (Dawn's baby decided to give her some trouble and she had to turn over all of her cases early.  boooooo.) and he thought he'd have a little milk in some semi-privacy.

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

What a cute photo :)

Foltermann said...

Sorry that Dawn is out for a while. I hope the new person is friendly!