Saturday, May 1, 2010

Awesome sales!

This morning I decided I needed some time off.  So around 11 I informed Cody that I would be feeding Luke lunch in a little while, put him down, and then be headed out to do some shopping.  I've been itching to get new clothes.  So I did just that.  Luke was down and I was out the door, showered and everything, by 12:15. 

It was fantastic.  First I went into (are you ready to see what I got and what fabulous deals they were?!) Anne Taylor's Loft, where I've amazingly never bought anything before, and found a black dress on the sale rack.  It is very similar to this except it's sleeveless and there is a ruffle that follows the neckline.  It was origionally priced for $80 and I got it for $25!  I will be wearing it to Ashley's graduation next weekend, with my new shoes I bought today.  I finally finally finally found some red shoes to call my very own!  They were also origionally $80, but I only paid $65.   I am so excited that I will also be wearing this outfit to church tomorrow.  You know, a test run before the ceremony. 

I also went to Express and bought a couple of shirts there too.  This is the only thing I paid full price on (I bought it in turquois) and I got a tank similar to this for only $5.  What I bought didn't have this ruffle, but a double layer around the neckline, and in grey.

 And what kind of mother would I be if I didn't find a steal for my little man?  I popped into a couple of kids stores, but Gap is where I hit the jackpot.  I know I said that the last thing Luke needed was any more polos, but how could a I resist this when it was only $8, down from $15?  Love it. 

See?  Fantasic shopping day.  I haven't gotten to do that in a long time.  When I got home I found out it was an even better day....Luke woke up from his nap poopy and decided to ditch the diaper by the time Cody got in there.  He said Luke was such a mess that he had to bath him.  Can you believe I side stepped that one?  YES! 

My great day was rounded out by a family dinner a Palio's.  It's a great little Italian place, with the best pizza.  We got Luke the pasta Alfredo, just to see what would happen, and he LOVED IT!  I just wish they had told me it was served with fettucini, I would have asked for bow tie or something.  Have you ever sat and watched a 23 month old boy try to eat long pasta with a fork?   It was a hoot!  He almost had to have another bath when we got home!  Yeah yeah yeah,  I could have cut it up.  But where's the fun in that?

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

I'm so glad you got some great deals. Those shopping days make me happy!

Foltermann said...

Score with the deals and side stepping the poopy clean up! I love Palio's! Their pizza is awesome!