Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Busy busy busy

I feel like I was barely at home today.  It's Tuesday, which of course means park day.  I was afraid that it was already starting to get too hot to even go out in the mornings, but the good Lord blessed us with slightly overcast skies which kept us very comfortable.  Well, Luke still got really sweaty, but that kid could sweat standing in a freezer.  I hope his internal thermostate cools down by the time he gets older, because that could be really embarrassing when he gets around the ladies.  Wait.  What am I saying.  Girls, stay away from my baby!  He's a sweat-er!

When we got home from the park it was a little bit of lunch and then a lot of nap.  While the boys were sleeping I got out in the front yard and pulled crab grass.  I'm so over it being out there.  The spray didn't work.  The granuals didn't work.  All that's left to do it pull.  And pull I did.  A whole trash bag's worth, which in reality only covered about a 5 foot square.  That's how bad it was.  I knew I should have been inside doing my quiet time, but the devils really been gettin' me lately.  I just am so unmotivated to study and be in the word.  *sigh*  I know I shouldn't listen to him, but I do.  And I put it off.  Then I feel guilty about it.  Shame.  Maybe tomorrow will be different. 

After nap time Kayden got picked up a little early so Luke and I hit the town.  And by hitting the town I mean we went to Hobby Lobby and to Target.  I got the best little letters at HL to spell out Luke's name, they will go perfectly with the vintage cowboy theme I'll be doing is room in next year!  If I remember I'll get a picture tomorrow.  He's (supposed to be) asleep.  I also got some more fabric for a project I've been commissioned to, and some more beads to make this.



I love it!  At Target I went in for 4 things and came out with bags and bags.  In my defense I saw a horrible horrible teacher from last year which sent me running for cover and therefore led my eyes to things of great cuteness.  It's all her fault. 

And finally tonight I had dinner with the girls.  Another spectacular evening of visiting.  When I got home Luke was still in the tub.  This is the second night in a row he's gotten to bed late.  Thanks Daddy.  But he was getting all clean for is clean sheets (changed em today) and new jammies (from Target of course).  Cody warned me that he had DESTROYED the house, but when I went to survey the damages I discovered it wasn't as bad as he made it out to be.  But shhhh, don't tell him.  If he wants to think that terrible, that's fine with me!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like you've been so busy. I feel like we haven't had a chance to catch up lately (which is mostly my fault) ... I have been terrible at emailing. :(