Friday, May 7, 2010

Pinning and Friends

Friday morning started early.  Like, 7:00 early.  Luke was too intruiged with the hotel room to sleep any more, so I went ahead and got up.  We walked down to the breakfast area in our jammies, loaded up on some muffins and bananas and yougurt, and went back to the room.  I got him started on the food with cartoons so that I could shower.  Luckily we had adjoining rooms to Mom and Dad and Grandmother, so by the time I got out they had opened their door and Luke ran back and forth like a maniac.  So much for breakfast. 

By 9:00 we were all dressed and ready to go finished packing Ashley up.  Well, they got to finish packing Ashley, I went to visit another friend.  I've been friends with Sarah Lincoln (now Tappie) for a very long time, and I didn't realize she lived just down the street from Ashley!  So Luke and I got dropped off at their house while everyone else went to pack.  I think that was the best plan for everyone.  I didn't get annoyed and frustrated over the lack of organization at Ashley's house, they didn't get mad at me for bossing everyone around, Luke was out of the way all together, AND I got to catch up with an old friend!  It was great visiting with Sarah, and even though Luke threw about 10 tantrums for various reasons, it was still a good time.  I totally meant to get a picture with her, even had my camera, but I forgot. :(  Boo. 

When they were finished with what they could do at Ashley's house, the family came back by for me.  We picked up Sonic and took it back to the room so I could get Luke down for a nap.  Ashley's pinning ceremony was at 2 so he needed to get down as soon as he could.  Don't people realize small children nap in the middle of the afternoon?  By the time he got to sleep it was already 12:50 and we were meeting her at 11:40.  Awesome.  That's when I tried to sit down and start writing about the weekend.  But I got a frantic text from my stressed out mother that we needed to be dressed and ready to go ASAP because traffic was really bad.  Anyone who knows anything about Searcy knows that it is a super small town with little two lane streets.  Well, when there are slim streets with an influx of people for graduation, there tends to be back-ups EVERYWHERE. 

Fortunatly we got to the ceremony on time, and all was good.  Ashley got pinned, Luke got taken out only once, and I had cake.  Yummy cake with icing so sugary it crunched. 

Can you see her new pin right above the button on her cardi?!

He hitched a ride with Gran on the way back to the car.

After the ceremony we went to a steak house for dinner, even though it was only 5.  I had the best grilled shrimp, and Ashley got all of her graduation presents.  Then we went BACK to her house where they finally were able to start loading up Grandy's truck (Gran, Grandy, and Aunt Patty didn't get there until right before the pinning ceremony).  I was so beat from trying to keep up with Luke that all I could do was sit on the couch.  Eh.  They didn't need me anyways.  After they loaded up what they could we went to get frozen yougurt at this place called FroYo.  It was AMAZING. 

Packing break!

We took our wonderful treats back to the hotel room, where Ashely and Mom washed up a sweatly little boy and put him to bed and I got to go out with Lindsay.  I was so glad she had a free evening just for me.  We went to this little coffee shop we used to go to all the time when I was at Harding, and sat and talked and talked and talked.  Her life has been SO much more interesting than mine has in the last decade!  At one point I realized that if Cody called me for directions to the hotel (he had left for Searcy after work) that I wouldn't be able to hear the phone.  It was 10:30!  I couldn't believe time had flown by like that.  She took me back to the hotel and I was so very thankful that I got to spend time with her.  And with Sarah that morning.  What a blessing it is to catch up with old friends!  (I had my camera so that I could get a picture of the two of us, but I forgot to get it out AGIAN.  I am so mad at myself!)

Cody arrived at the hotel by 11:30 and we fell into bed.  Graduation would be here in the morning!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Okay you answered my last question here - I was wondering if it was Harding because that's the school I was talking about. Small world (at least when you're a part of the CoC). I wonder if you know any of my peeps?!? We'll have to compare. Just tell me if you know ANY Canadians that went to Harding. There is a GOOD chance I will know them.