Friday, May 14, 2010

Rainy with a side of crafts

Holy moly did it rain this afternoon.  Like R.A.I.N.  I could barely see the house across the street.  The best part was that it came during nap time, so I was able to enjoy the down pour to all of it's glory.....not intrupted by a dog snarling at a little boy who pulled her off the couch by her front leg.....or wailing from a toe that may or may not have gotten stubbed but definitely needed a kiss. 

The gloomy day got me in the mood to create.  There have been several things brewing in my head over the last few weeks, and I was kind of waiting until I had a chance to get it all done at once to drag out the sewing machine.  I only got a couple of things finished tonight, the rest will have wait until tomorrow to get their stitches.  And I won't be able to post a few until Sunday night because a certain someone is having her shower Sunday afternoon and I happen to know she's a reader.  ;) 

In my obsessive oogling of Esty and my out-of-control love of jewelry, I've finally put the two together.  I made a necklace I saw on Esty.  Shhh..... don't tell anyone.  The beads are actually an iridescent olive color that goes from green to brown.  They are so pretty!


And a close up......


Then I finally made the decorative towel to finish out Luke's bathroom transformation.



It coordinates with the footstool I painted for him.

And finally, a friend approached me a couple of weeks ago about doing monogramed coasters.  I can't believe I hadn't thought about that myself!  You know how I am about monograming.  Only obsessed.  So I told her I'd piddle around and see what  I could come up with.  Whaddya think?  I may or may not have used it as an excuse to replace the coasters I made last year.  They had gotten a little.....discolored.  At least we use them!  And I know, I know, it's the same fabric as before, but I love it.  So there.  I'm not ready to switch it up yet.


And just so you won't think I ignored any boys today, here's what Luke was doing. 


The cars have managed to expand from one lane of trafffic to five.  I hope they got where they were going faster on a wider road.  And that the big bug got out of the way quickly, cause that would leave a nasty splat on one of those tiny windshields.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

You are so crafty. You make me jealous!