Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Missed my anniversary

Soooooooooooo......at the beginning of the month my blog turned one.  And I missed it.  I forgot about it.  I'm so sorry blog.  Please don't change my password without telling me so I can't get in.  I had an email account that did that. 

No lie.  I opened my very first email account when I was a freshman in high school.  I pick "little_blue_fish" not because I was a depressed freshman (someone asked me that once and it didn't even occur to me that it could mean that), but because it combined my maiden name and two of my favorites.  When I got married I opened a new email with my new name and used the old one as a junk email.  Anytime a company wants an email to verify things, send me coupons, or whatever, I use the junk one.  It's worked out quiet nicely to keep my actual email from being annoying.  I check the junk email once a month or so to make sure nothing important has come through and delete everything else. 

One day it wouldn't let me in.  One day it denied me of my password.  I tried everything I could think of.  Now, there is a slight chance I really did forget what the password is, but I'm more convinced that the account got mad at me for using it as junk.  This all meant that I was forced to make up a new junk email.  I named it lost_little_blue_fish.  Not because I'm a lost and depressed freshman, but because I LOST the origional little blue fish.  Get it? Get it?  I'm so clever. 

Hmmmm.   Good times. 

But back to the origional topic.  We've turned one my friends.  I really didn't think I'd last that long.  I thought for sure I'd piddle out after a month or so.  But this has been more cathardic than I gave it credit for.  I think I've grown a lot in the last year.  I know you are supposed to grow every year, but lets just say this has been a bumper year for the crop 'o Lindsey.  While it hasn't always been a fun year, it has been a blessed year.  I've been a stay at home mom for a year now.  My baby had his first birthday too.  Been to a couple of places.  Watched my sister graduate from college.  Apparently made around 24 different things (those are all listed on the side label). 

I've laughed, cried, learned, and learned more.  I wonder where I will be this time next year.  Will I still even be keeping up with this old thing?  I hope so.  It's been amazing being able to document Luke's life this way.  All the crazy things he's done.  All the things I would have forgotten over time.  So thanks for walking with me over the last year.  I really appreciate those 18 little squares over to the side.  Here's to another year of growing!

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Happy one year blogaversary! You better keep it up for the next year, and the next, and the next!

Anonymous said...

I may not be a little square in the corner, but I love reading your blog. :) You have a gift for writing!!

~Luke's Nana~