Wednesday, May 5, 2010

That "diet" thing

Remember a few days ago I talked about trying to make better food choices, as opposed to going on an actual diet?  Well, I thought maybe since I mentioned it on here that would hold me a little more accountable for what I put in my mouth.  Well, I thought wrong.  About the only healthy choice I've made is to not buy a 2 liter of Dr. Pepper for the house.  Instead I just get the extra large when I go out. 

Take today for instance.  For breakfast I had two cups of coffee and a helping of coffee cake.  It's only one of my favorite things.  For lunch I had half a ham and cheese sandwich (which I didn't eat all of) and half a plate of crinkle cut kettle style salt and pepper chips.  We had dinner at church before bible class and they served taco salad.  With every kind of delicious topping you could think of.  And then I had an ice cream Snickers for dessert.  About the only "healthy" choice that I made was to NOT stop and get a large Dr. Pepper on the way to church.  But it was really hard not to do. 

And I have to tell you what my obssession of late has become.  I am obsessed with looking at fabric online.  I have poured over website after website of lovely cloth, imagining it in my home.  I don't think I'll ever buy any.  I don't know what I would do with it.  Actually, I do know what I would do with it.  I would put it in my cabinet and look at it.  Because looking a beautiful fabric makes me happy.  And I wouldn't do anything with it because what if I used it up on a less than worthy project and then the PERFECT project came along and I couldn't get any more of it?  Hmmm..... I don't seem crazy at all.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Have you ever heard of Cath Kitson? It's a company from the UK - my BFF introduced me to it when I went to visit her last year in Scotland. She has some GORGEOUS fabrics. Sometimes I look at the website and dream of wearing those beautiful aprons!