Tuesday, November 9, 2010

10 weeks

Sorry I skipped out on the weekly update yesterday.  My tummy didn't feel stellar after dinner so I took it easy on the couch.  Then around 10 the uneasiness turned to growling and I was starved.  What is that?!  I was really hoping that it was the pregnancy and not the flu shot I got yesterday morning.  Did you catch that?  I VOLUNTARILY got a FLU SHOT.  At the GROCERY STORE.  Oi.  I was so nervous.  But a Momma's gotta do what  Momma's got a do for the bun in her oven, and I didn't want a high fever from catching the flu to damage my Flicker.  And you know what?  It wasn't bad at all.  Seriously.  I actually said to the lady who did it "I'm gonna be honest, I was very nervous about getting a shot at the grocery store, but that was nothing.  You did a great job."  For real. 

Anyway, back to the pregnancy update.

I  don't think anything looks different. 
 Sorry if it's weeks on end of the same tummy.

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 10 Weeks

Size of baby: a kumquat?  I think it's a little bigger than a quarter, if that helps.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Didn't weigh this week.  So I'm staying at 2 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Well, I haven't buttoned a pair of pants all week.  While the bump hasn't really gotten bigger, I thinking it's getting very slightly firmer.  Hoping isn't not my imagination.  The give of the rubber band when I sit down is so much more comfortable.  On Sunday I wore my very favorite skirt for the one and only time this season.  It's a brown wool skirt that I look forward to wearing every fall and winter.  Sunday I STUFFED myself into so I could wear it at least once.  But I did it!  Yesterday I since I was only going to the grocery store I did end up wearing that brown maternity shirt I mentioned last week.  So I guess I'm up to two instances of maternity wear.

Gender: Boy please!

Movement: Still waiting......but I think we are getting closer!
Sleep: I'll have to post about my nap issues another day.  To much for this little space.  But I will say I've been trying not to nap, and it's not helped the racing mind at night, or the feeling like I've slept really lightly the night before.  But a part of me wants to say I slept lightly last night because a Mr. Someone slept in the very middle of the bed.  Very.  Middle.

What I miss: Shiner and Landshark

Cravings: I can't really think of too many this week.  I didn't ever make those chili cheese fries.  Still got the stuff though!  Oh, wait.  Tonight I made tacos for dinner, and I think they tasted better than I've ever made before.  Yet I didn't do anything different....

Symptoms: Still the boobs, and just nauseous is getting better and better.  My forehead is a land mind though.

Best Moment this week: Is it terrible I can't really think of anything?  But in my defense, I can't really remember anything from this week.  Yikes.

*edit* Okay, I just had one.  (although technically I guess this should go on next weeks update...)  After publishing I was sitting here watching TLC when I heard a little voice calling Momma?  I went back and poked my head into his room and asked him if he was okay.  He didn't say anything, so I moved in next to his bed and asked him again.  Then he barely whispered "wock?"  Be still my heart.  Of course I will rock with you.  As we sat there in the dark rocking, it occurred to me that these few months are a rare time that I get to rock with both of my children at the same time.  Oh, it's going to be so hard when I redo his room next month and the rocking chair gets moved out of his room. I'm thinking Flicker is going to have a rocking chair in his room until he's 5 just in case.  ;)

2 comments:

HannahThompson said...

I would like to Thanks for the informative post. I really appreciate it. I hope that I can get more benefit from this topic.
breastfeeding clothes

anti radiation said...

Your tips on selecting nice maternity clothes for a plus size mommy are very useful to my friend who is having her second pregnancy. Thanks for sharing.
pregnancy fashion