Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday reflections

Yesterday Luke didn't nap at all.  As in, I put him in bed at 1 and when I got out of the shower at 3 he was still just laying in bed talking to himself.  At that point I just went in and let him get out of bed.  We weren't going anywhere so I figured if the end of the day was terrible no one would really have to deal with it but me.  The good news is that he didn't get grumpy (except for taking a bath, which he screamed all the way through) and he feel asleep very quickly last night.  But falling asleep quickly last night, coupled with daylight savings time, meant that he was up at 6:30 this morning.  Esh.  6.  30.  The only saving grace was that I needed to be at church early this morning anyway to get things ready for my bible class.  This is one of my months (and sadly, due to the baby, my last month) to teach the special education gals that go to my church so it all worked out. 

After bible class I ran into......Joby!  I totally forgot that Shae said that she and Joby were gonna be in town today and I'm so glad they were.  I've missed her!  After church Shae, Joby, Cody, Shae's brother and his girlfriend, and I (with Dakota, Mikah, and Luke of course) went to Potbellies for lunch and I am so glad we did.  It was great to catch up with them. 

Then my little family and I just came home, and home we've been ever since.  This morning at church Mom gave me the Target and Walmart holiday toy catalog circulars.  I didn't really think Luke would care about those, he doesn't seemed to get too jazzed when we walk down the toy isles, but he sat 3 different times on the couch flipping through the Target one.  At one point tonight was was watching Two and a Half  Men on tv, and two of the characters were "praying" (about a football game one of them had bet big money on).   All of a sudden there was a little boy standing in front of me clasping his hands together.  I asked him what he was doing, and he just shook his little clasped hands at me.  Finally it dawned on my that HE was praying too!  Oh my sweet boy.  I learned that a.) he's paying more attention to the tv than I realized and I need to censor more and b.) us praying together every night is sinking in.  Yay!

No comments: