Tuesday, May 3, 2011

35 Weeks and a catch up

Yesterday was dreary.  High didn't break 50, it rained for something like 12 hours straight, resulting in 3 inches of rain.  I felt like I needed to have the Christmas tree up. I did get to have dinner with some girlfriends though, which was a nice bright spot in the day.  It's also the reason my update is a day late.  We kinda shut the restaurant down.  Another bright spot in the day was something I got in the mail!


How sweet is that?!  It's the headband I won from Lindsay's give-away, made at the super cute Eme Kay Creations shop!  It turned out perfect for Evan's variety of Sunday dress collection!

Today was just the opposite.  Sunny skies, temps in the 70's, gorgeous all the way around.  As I surveyed the back yard, I noticed something odd.


Can you see that?  My fence was steaming.  I even put on some flip flops and ran out there in my shortie robe just to make sure it was steam and not smoke from my fence being on fire.  I guess the wood and the air was still cold enough from yesterday that the sudden heat from the direct sunlight was evaporating the sodden wood?  That's what I told myself anyway.  I had put off the weekly grocery shopping just for this reason (even though it result in dire straights for lunch yesterday.  No bread, no milk, no nothing except for frozen fish sticks and mac n cheese.  Darn.)  I got the boys out and the sun felt good on my face.  This afternoon Dad came over and mowed my lawn again, then I took Luke over to Grandmother's house for dinner with Mom, Dad, and Ashley. 


How Far Along: 35 weeks- 35 days left.

Size of baby: the weight of a honeydew melon.....5 1/4lbs and over 18 inches long

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I weighed at Mom's on Friday and yes, I've hit the 30 lb mark.  Whoopie.  Although, I did have a lady pat my belly at church on Sunday morning and comment about how tight/firm it was, that you could bounce a quarter off of it.  So, can we just pretend the 30 lbs is all packed into one place and ignore how my face sure looks rounder in those shower pictures from the other day?

Maternity Clothes: It's getting to the point that not even maternity clothes are fitting.  Heaven help me these last 5 weeks.

Gender: I am getting very ready to meet my little girl.  Just wanna see what that little face that's been brewing in there looks like!

Movement: Stiiiiiiiiiillll wiggly.  And pokey.  And hiccup-y.

Sleep: Every night is different.  Some are better than others. 

What I miss: Being able to sit Luke on my lap in a normal sort of manner.

Cravings: Nah. Not really.

Symptoms: Walking is getting more painful by the day.

Best Moment this week: Duh, feeling the love at my baby shower!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Yay! You got it. Do you like it?