Friday, May 27, 2011

Date Night

With Luke of course!  Who else would I be going on a date with?!  And we didn't actually go anywhere, tonight we stayed in, ordered a pizza, and watched a movie.  If you know my boy, the movie part might surprise you.  I actually had to tell him that I was going to watch a movie and he could sit at the kitchen table with his pizza if he didn't want  to watch it.  Which is what he did for the first 5 minutes of Toy Story 2.  But then I caught him out of the corner of my eye leaning waaaaaaaaay out over the table to see the tv.  Then he snuck out and was standing behind the dining room table watching.  And finally, 20 minutes in, he brought his pizza back to the coffee table and snuggled up next to me on the couch.  What a kid.  And, I know, I know, we've now had pizza two Friday nights in a row. But Luke has been begging for pizza for days, and just today for lunch he informed me he wanted pizza and cake.  Seriously.  That's what he said.  Where he gets these grand ideas, I've not a clue. 

As for the rest of the day, I spent a lot of it pacing the house quickly.  I went to the speech ARD to sign off that Luke would not be getting services in the fall.  I picked up a picture from Luke's newborn session photographer that I had ordered back in December.  The original one some how got milk up under the glass of the frame, and it is my very favorite picture.  Since I'm about to put all of Luke's every-three-months pictures up on the wall in the place that my bridal portrait used to be, I decided it was safe to get another copy (lest the same thing mysteriously happen to this one!).  Where were my minions in all of this?  Mom was convinced that I would be needing her help with a new baby by now, and subs are hard to find at this time of year for Friday's, so she went ahead last week and took it off.  Dad didn't want to be left out of the fun when he heard, so he took off too.  Maybe they jinxed me and are the reason I'm still pregnant......either way they came over for about an hour and let me go to the two places without little feet trailing behind. 


And without further ado.....the plaid on plaid I promised yesterday.  If the shirt, shorts, and flip flops all have various shades of green on them, is it considered a matching outfit?

No comments: