Monday, May 23, 2011

38 Weeks

This morning I got a little house cleaning done (still trying to stay on top of it), took the boys to the library, and went to Target.  The morning started out looking like decent weather, but while we were in the library it started to sprinkle.  I made the decision to go ahead and risk the Target trip...we were out of lunch things and I knew I would not want to get out later.  I thought maybe we could beat the rain.  We shopped, we paid, we got drenched.  Of course right when it was time to get back in the car is when the skies opened up.  Some people were hanging out by the door, waiting to see if it would lighten up a little before making the mad dash to the car, but unfortunately Luke's speech therapist was due at our house about 15 minutes from that time, so I didn't have the luxury of waiting.  Out we went.  And wouldn't you know, after we were sopping wet in the car, as soon as we pulled out of the parking lot it lightened up.  Oh well.  We made it home, had our therapy session, ate some lunch, and the boys went down for a nap.  And man did they nap.  Kayden actually was up before Luke, who slept till almost 4:30.  I'm thinking he might be going through a growth spurt because he's took a nap like that yesterday AND he's been sleeping until 8 in the mornings.  If only I could lay  in bed without pain these days to enjoy it.....

And one more thing before I start my weekly update- my final  thing I've bought for Evan came in the mail today!  This Etsy seller is in Canada, so it's taken a little extra time to get here.  I had a  flower headband custom made (this would be the third thing I've bought from her!) and I'm thrilled with how it turned out!


How sweet are those little red flowers?  I absolutely can not wait to put this outfit on her.


She also has a white eyelet blouse that I'll pair with jeans and the red shoes and headband too.  Come on  baby girl, you've got to many cute outfits sitting in your closet to just be hanging out naked in my tummy!

(excuse the naked boy with the deer-in-the-headlights look.  He jumped in at the last minute and I was too tired to take another one.)

How Far Along: 38 weeks- 12 days till my due date and I believe it.  I almost feel silly filling this thing out this week, all I've got to say is OH.  THE PAIN.

Size of baby: the length of a leek. Again, not sure what this is. Approximate length is 19  1/2 inches and weight is 6.8 lbs.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of last Wednesday I'm up 34 lbs.  And it's just going to get worse because I've totally let myself go when it comes to sweets.  Sunday night after my delicious dinner of a hot dog I had a brownie, a piece of cake, and the end of a can of icing.  Yep.  I figure what's done is done, I'm just gonna live it up while I'm still forced to be pregnant.

Maternity Clothes: I've counted 5 shirts that fit me now.  I told everyone Sunday that if I'm still pregnant next Sunday, I'm showing up in the same outfit because it's the only church-decent shirt I've got thats long enough.

Gender: I am getting very ready to meet my little girl. Just wanna see what that little face that's been brewing in there looks like!

Movement: I had a few more instances of the gymnastics this week than I thought would be physically possible at this point.  I hope she's still  head down. 

Sleep: The last few nights have been awful.  Not only do I have the same ole same ole pains, but it's like I forgot how to lay down.  No matter what I do I can't get comfortable, I don't remember how I used to lay to take the weight off my belly.  It's like this giant bowling ball  hanging off my middle and no matter how I turn it is just dead weight.

What I miss: Not being in pain all the time.

Cravings: Peach tea. Oooo, and chocolate.

Symptoms: Pain pain  pain.  Today  when I  was out in the rain dealing with the basket I used in shopping, I wanted to run to put it up and  get in the car, but I couldn't.  Just couldn't.  All I could do  was waddle as quick as my little legs would let me.  Lots of pressure.  Lots of Braxton Hicks.  Lots of weird dreams (it's the only way I know I've actually gotten sleep  these days!)

Best Moment this week: Best? I don't know. There were a lot of nice moments, but best is hard to say.

No comments: