Monday, May 30, 2011

39 Weeks and Memorial Day

This is all your getting on the weekly update.  Basically I'm pouting because I'm still pregnant.  I was SO SURE that I would not make it this far, and believe me, with every move I make my body is telling me there is a baby still in there.  You know what the fruit/veggie is for 39 weeks?  A small melon.  Um, why can't they just put that she's the size of a full term baby?  Because that's what she is.  The size of a full term baby.  And just getting bigger.  The maternity shirt I was wearing today didn't even meet the top of my shorts.  There was a good 3 inches of skin showing.  Heaven help us all of I am forced to do a 40 week update.  Heaven help us. 

On the normal life front, today was a nice Memorial Day.  Last night before I went to bed I cleaned all the floors and both bathrooms so today could be an easy day.  I did two loads of laundry in the span of 4 hours.  Yep, easy day.  The only down side to having an "easy" day when you don't want to move and nothing is on tv is that you tend to just sit.  Which I did.  I sat at the kitchen table and read my bible.  Then stared outside.  Then sat on my bed.  Then tried to watch some tv. Oh, at one point I did go in the back yard with Luke, for him to play and me to clean the kitchen trash can.  I went in to make breakfast and found it covered in ants.  Awesome.  So I got out the hose and dish soap and after taking out the trash scrubbed that thing down.  Always fun at 39 weeks pregnant.  But it needed to be done anyway.  We bought that thing when we moved in almost 4 years ago, and I'm 100% sure it's never been cleaned before.  Wiped down?  Once or twice.  Cleaned?  Never. 

After nap time I took the boy and headed over to Mom and Dad's house.  (at this point I really want to brag on what he did potty-training wise today, but I'm terribly afraid of jinxing it.  All you momma's out there know what I mean.)  They set up the blow-up pool, and both Nana and Papa got in with him while I rocked in a near by patio chair.  They swam, splashed, blew bubbles, and then got out for some watermelon.  I nursed my cranberry iced tea with two lemon wedges and two Splenda packets while my boy got tired out.  I must say, that is my new favorite drink, and since I don't have Kayden any more for the summer, I'll be free to attend a lot more Sonic happy hours over the next few weeks.  I even moved my box of Splenda packets into the car so they will always be ready.  :)  Anyway, Dad cooked out hamburgers for dinner and then there was peach ice cream for dessert.  Happy Memorial Day to all!

No comments: