Monday, September 21, 2009

Dinner- a slight flop

I don't have too much to report from the last couple of days. Last night I actually watched the Cowboys game. I couldn't believe that we lost! But the Giants sneaked in that last kick and just squeaked by. We are absolutely not a sports family. When we have managed to show up at Super Bowl parties in the past, it's been more for the social aspect, not so much for the game going on.

Tonight I cooked dinner! With a recipe! And it turned out decent! I made these salmon burgers I saw in Good Housekeeping this month. It was Candance Bergon's personal recipe. Through no fault of my good friend Ms. Bergon (she did share how to make these burgers with just me and the other 2 million people who read GH), I made a couple of boo boos. I didn't want to make 4 burgers for 2 people, so I bought only 1/2 the needed salmon to make a more appropriate amount of food. Except I forgot that I did that by the time I started on the chopping and stirring part and I added the whole amount of everything else. Oops. I also doubled the amount of yogurt for the dressing that went on top of the salmon, but I forgot to double the rest of the ingredients at first. But that was a little easier to fix- I did go back and add more stuff to it. I doubled it cause I thought it would be good on a ham sandwich tomorrow, but now that I've tasted it, I'm thinking not so much. Oh well. I don't know what else I would do with plain yogurt (the main ingredient), except for making smoothies. Hey! Maybe I'll make smoothies tomorrow.

No comments: