Monday, September 28, 2009

It's the little things

This morning after breakfast Luke and I hit the town to run out to Babies R Us and JoAnn's Fabric. I was just rounding the corner, on my way up to the cash register, when I saw it. I saw IT. Remember my over flowing love for this fabric? That I delicately turned into this? Well, look what I found today:

I just stopped dead in my tracks. My fabric. MY FABRIC!! On a sewing basket, something I desperately needed. I felt like shouting for joy. I let my son do that. He was talking to the people on the other side of the store (I was so embarrassed. I don't think I can take him out in public anymore). Then I saw the clincher. 30% off. Holy moly I couldn't get that thing in my basket fast enough. It truly is the little things that make you happy. Well, besides love and Jesus.

On our way home I was tempted to stop and just pick myself up something for lunch, but I decided to be a good girl and eat the brand new deli meat I have in the fridge. So I get home, feed Sir Screams A Lot, get him changed and down for a nap, and it was finally my turn to eat. Except the bread had mold on it. *sigh* I guess not everything can be perfect. It wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world, but.....we had nothing else to eat. Nothing. Only cereal. So I got creative and had little hor'dourves for lunch- cottage cheese and brown sugar ham piled on Ritz crackers. Not too shabby! Plus some grapes to really round things out. And we were all out of coke, so I was forced to brew some tea to go with it. I guess a grocery store run is in order for the morning. Wasn't I just there?

No comments: