Saturday, September 19, 2009

Home

Due to such a late night (Luke didn't go to sleep until almost 11) we were all able to sleep in until 9. Sooooooo nice. We had to be out of the room by 11, so I didn't get to take my time getting ready. It was go go go! But we got all pack and checked out on time. Whilst I waited for Cody to put ice in the ice chest for our perishables, I let Luke 'drive' the truck.

He got the biggest kick out of it. Then we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast/lunch before hitting the road and they took fooooorrrreeeevvveer. We were there for 1 1/2 hours! Geez louise. When we finally got on the highway it was 12:30, and for some reason the drive seemed extra long. My little bum was begging for relief by the time I pulled up in the drive way. And then there was the dreaded task of unpacking. I've said before how much I HATE this task, right? Well, in case you forgot, I hate it. HATE it. Like, sometimes I turn down trips just so I won't have to unpack at some point. Not to mention coming home to a house that didn't look the same as I left it. Cody was only home alone for a day until he followed us out to Abilene, but some how he managed to dirty it all up. Boo! I got mostly unpacked before the DVR full of missed shows proved to be too tempting and I had to start in on the list. Tomorrow's another day, right?

Tonight we had a party at a couple's house from church. In honor of "Talk Like A Pirate Day" today, they had a pirate party, complete with props. I drug my tired behind over there (they just live a couple of streets over) and had a pleasant time. Luke wasn't too sure about the props though.

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Oh my .. that picture of him as a pirate is too cute. I love his expression. "Mom, what are you doing to me?"

Rachel said...

That is HILARIOUS! I love it!!