Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Headache

I never get headaches.  I mean NEVER.   I get them even less than I throw up.  And I've thrown up 6 times in my life.  (I'm pretty sure I'm up to 6)  Yesterday I got a headache.  It started around mid morning, and I figured it was because I hadn't had any coffee yet.  I had an old friend  coming over around 2 for coffee, so I thought it would go away after that.  Wrong!  I had a great time with my friend, I just hope that my sentences actually made sense due to the pounding in my brain. 

By the time 5:00 rolls around it feels like my brain was being turn inside out.  When Cody  got home from work my teeth were even hurting.  I couldn't cook dinner (well, I guess that's not a total shocker) and I couldn't deal with the baby.  Good thing Cody stepped up to the plate.  He went and fetched us Potbellies for dinner (I thought food would help.  It didn't.) and then let me take a Tylenol PM and hit the sheets while he bathed Luke and put him to bed.  So I fell asleep at 7:45 last night.  And when Luke woke up this morning I got him to watch cartoons with me in bed until 9:30.  Okay, okay, he really quit watching the cartoons at about 9:00 and left to play, and I finally got up at 9:30.  I can't remember the last time I was in bed for longer than 8 hours at a time, much less than almost 14 hours.  I will cherish it always.  And FYI- I've been headache free  all day. 

Just because I was down for the count yesterday didn't mean my kid was at all.  He is constantly trying to push the limits and see what he can do.  Like for instance, yesterday he learned that his ball won't fit through the rocking chair no mater how much he pushes.  All it does is move the chair. 


And I learned that I need to dust the dining room table. 

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Sorry to hear you had a rough day yesterday. I hope the headache stays far far away.

Jill said...

So happy to hear you are better today!...I can't tell you how many times I've taken a picture only to notice how badly I need to dust too! :)
Blessings!
Jill