Friday, November 20, 2009

Music

You know what I just love?  I love how music speaks to your soul.  Soothes your soul.   Anytime I am in a blue mood, anxious, or just plain blah, music fixes everything.  When the words speak exactly what you need them to it makes the whole experience almost other-worldly.  I can just imagine the feeling in heaven is always feeling the euphoric feeling that a perfectly tempo-ed pulsing beat accompanied with wrenching cords provides.  I can't wait. 

Swinging the other way, I started working on knitting the blanket for my friend tonight.  She's due in May so I have plenty of time, which is good because I'm not sure how I like it so far.  There is a good chance I will work on it a few days, let it rest, then come back to it.  If I still am not sure I'll probably take it out and try something else.  But the yarn is so soft!  I'm thinking after I whip this up I might make one for Luke.  I knitted him this blanket while I was pregnant, but the yarn is a different kind of softness.  Maybe just a little lovey or something. 


Knitting at my grandmother's


My sweet boy at a month old or so

I also made him a matching knitted beanie hat to go with this blanket, but I accidentally made it HUGE.  He will probably be able to fit it this year.  Maybe next year.   If I have to wait until next year at least he can wear them with these gloves (although the colors would clash......)

Also, I know that it is bloggy faux pas to talk about TV shows, but I just have to say after seeing Private Practice tonight and the preveiws for next week, I may be giving it up soon.  I quit watching Gray's due to the drama and I think this show is following the same path.  There is a reason I don't watch soap opera's and that I love The Office.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wyatt had that exact same onesie, and I had that exact same maternity top... too funny!