Wednesday, November 11, 2009

So you don't have to hear about sickness again...

Since we did nothing again today except for play and drink lots more water, I thought I would treat you to the random dozen.  ;)




1. What was the last song you listened to?

hmmmmm....Probably the Sesame Street theme song.  Motherhood is a whole new world.

2. Have you ever had “buyer’s remorse” over anything?

Not that I can think of off the top of my head.  When I know I want something, that's it- I want it for good.  If I don't have that "feeling" then I hold off and either wait for it to come or end  up forget about whatever I was going to buy.  In all honesty, sometimes I feel buyers remorse about getting married, but that's a whole different story!  haha!

3. What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing)

All of the events leading up to me quiting my job this past spring.  It seemed horrible at first, but now I can't imagine not being a SAHM. 

4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? If so, do you have a favorite float or balloon?

I'm pretty sure I'm still in bed when it starts and then trying to wake up when  it ends.  I'm not a huge parade person.  And I just realized these answers have been pretty boring. 

5. Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately.

Trying to pick one scripture that has been inspirational lately would belike asking a mom who her favorite kid is.  Except for me.  Cause I only have one kid, so he's my favorite.  How about Revelations 4:11?  "You are worthy, our Lord and God, to recieve glory and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being."

6. This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Did I mention this blog is rated G?

Coffee.  Dr. Pepper.  Fun sized candy bars.  DVRed shows to the max.

7. What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to?

Turkey.  Stuffing.  Cranberry sauce.  Pie.  Lots of pie.

8. What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book?

From the Mixed Up Files of Basil E. Frankwieler.  And the Little House on the Prairie books.  And the American Girl books.  An the Babysitter's Club books. 

9. Do you collect anything? (Feel free to post a photo.)
Crosses

And books





Plus there is a stack of books on my nighstand under the lamp.  And a whole other bookshelf in the computer room.

10. Gift bags or wrapping paper?

Bags.  I have a million from the baby shower two years ago. 

11. Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day?

Mom went back to work teaching middle school when I was in 4th grade.  I remember in 5th grade walking home with my sister (in 1st grade) and we would be home for about an hour until she got home.  I was supposed to practice my piano while she was gone, but it conencided with my favorite show "Hey Dude".  It just happened to be that you could see the t.v. from the piano so I would turn it on, plop down at the piano, and "practice" for 30 minutes.  It's amazing I ever leveled up in skill that year!

12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? Do you feel for the fish??
 
Yes.  I do.

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Love your answers! Especially the buyer's remorse one - ha ha ha!

Farmgirl Paints said...

That is the weirdest interview question ever! But I have to say...I do feel for the fish. Never thought about that:) Have a great day.