Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Again?!

Y'all, it snowed again today!  AGAIN!  I can't remember the last time it snowed three times all winter, much less in one month at the very beginning of winter.  It's been crazy!  I tried to get a picture of the falling snow, but it turns out that stuff doesn't photograph very well.

This morning we took Luke to get his 18 month pictures.  I wasn't going to get them, because frankly we couldn't really afford it, but Mom really wanted to get them done, so she took us!  I didn't think that we would get any really cute ones due to Luke's refusal to smile for the camera, BUT he did fantastic and there were some of the cutest little smiles to date!  Since I don't have a scanner I took a picture of my picture.  Lame, I know, but deal with it. 



(close up of the cute rocking chair pose)


They had a little motorcycle to pose with and I just happened to have his leather jacket, wasn't that just perfect?!  I got him in a cute biker dude pose too.  Thanks Mom!

This afternoon I found  out my good friend Sara is having a boy!!  Yippee!  She's the one I made the blanket for, remember?  Well, I wove in the appropriate color yarn tonight, blue of course, and so I can finally show it off. 

Here is the first one I made that just did not look right.  Luckily when I gave it to Luke he loved it and, while it hasn't replaced Puppy, he loves blankie.



See?  That is just not gift-quality.  But here is the next one I tried.



Much better.  Still not perfectly square, but MUCH better than the green one.  The blue ribbon is actually blue and green yarn twirled with turquoise silky thread.  I think I may make a hat out of the rest of it, after I finish the hat I'm working on now, which is a matching partner to Luke's scarf.  I like to make hat/scarf matchy matchy.  Dorky, I know.

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

I can't remember the last time it didn't snow three times in one month here :) .. Actually, this year is pretty close. We've hardly had any snow this Dec. The pictures of Luke are so cute and the blanket looks fab!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness ... your little man is soo handsome!! What great pics!!