Friday, December 4, 2009

A new level

*sigh*  It has begun.  He's learned to climb.  He's learned to push buttons.  And now he's learned to put the two together.  Which leaves me with zippo time to get ANYTHING accomplished.  It took me the entire day to sew 6 straight lines on the sewing machine.  No more checking facebook every few mintues, no more quick craft projects, no more nuthan. (That's pronounced NU-than)  It's 10:00 and all I want to do is bury my head in my arm right here on the table and call it a night.  Kind of like I did last night.  At 9:30. 

I found my darling dear today in a perilous situation.  I was trying to sew one of the said straight lines, and I could see out of the corner of my eye that Luke was pushing the rocking chair over to the tv.  I didn't think much of it until I looked up and he was STANDING in the chair.  How did he get up on that thing while it was rocking?  He saw me glance over at him and he grinned a sly grin.  The kid was trying to reach the remotes I had previously placed out of reach!  That little Turkey.  I jumped up, realizing how dangerous it was for him to be standing in a rocking chair, and then I'M the one who get screamed at.  The nerve of that child!  It's a good thing he's so darn cute and I love him more than he's worth because today I deduced that if he were anyone else's child he would irritate the living poop out of me and I would wonder why people have kids.  But he is mine, and I do love him so much my heart bursts, so he only irritates the living growl out of me.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Ha! Funny - I love that he yelled at you. :)