Monday, December 14, 2009

Who needs sleep?

Apparently not my kid.  When I last left you on Saturday night he was laying quietly in bed.  That lasted all of 10 minutes when the fact that he slept until 5:30 in the afternoon haunted me and he wouldn't go to bed until midnight.  So I figured Sunday after church he would take a fantastic nap.

Wrong.

He slept for maybe 30 minutes.  Do you realize how much my child sleeps normally?  We're talking 12 hours at night and 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon.  Getting a fraction of his normal sleep was sure to spell success at the Chirstmas party we went to Sunday night.

Once again, he suprised me!  We got there about 5:45 and stayed until 8:15.  Luke ran his heart out with his little friends, and participated in what I like to call Baby Buffet 2009.  All the moms set out a plate of food for their kid for dinner, but did each kid stick to his or her own plate?  Heck no!  Why eat the apple on my plate when Claire's apple looks better?  So what ended up happening was all the babes went back to running around and would just graze off of whatever was closest.  At one point I witnessed Luke cramming someone's sandwich top into his mouth, and then spit it out back on to the plate and run off.  Yum. 

So then when we got home I was SURE he would sleep hard all night long.  I was right, at least until midnight hit.  Then he decided it was party time until 4:30.  I want to shudder at the memory.  Finally, after rocking, changing the diaper, rocking, getting a drink of milk, rocking, laying down together in the guest room, rocking, and more rocking, I was done with it all and walked away.  He cried for 45 minutes until he finally fell asleep. 

Lets all say a little prayer I get my baby back tonight.  Not this little boy who must have been swapped out when I wasn't looking at the mall.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Eek. No fun. So sorry to hear this. Hope the sleeping patterns improve real quick!