Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Snow?!

Well, I think this is a record.  I can't remember the last time it actually snowed this early in Texas.  And it stuck!  Okay, it only stuck around for a couple of hours before there was no white to be seen, but for a couple of precious hours our yard looked like this.



I don't think my flowers there will look quite so colorful tomorrow.  And it also let me get a few snapshots of Luke like this. 



This being his first snow, he wasn't too sure.  What he DID like was the water dripping off the house into a big puddle behind the bushes.  Maybe next time I'll be able to get pictures of him actually interacting with the snow.

The rest of the day was spent in piddling around the house.  Drank some coffee.  Got some work on some sewing project done.  Knitted a little.  Went to church.  Here is my darling dear in before we left for bible class tonight. 



And since you haven't seen enough pictures of him today, here he is before we left for the fabric store yesterday.



I just have to brag on the little dude...he was so good at the fabric store.  I spent an HOUR and a HALF there just browsing around trying to find perfectly coordinating materials, and he totally let me.  What a guy.  Speaking of great guys, guess what the hubby did today?  He got himself a new wedding band!  Back in July he lost his band, and at the time we were really on the rocks so he wasn't too keen on replacing it.  Plus it was white gold and it was more than we could afford.  But today he got a silver one from James Avery!  He's already commented on how it's not as heavy as his origional (which is why he liked it to begin with), but it really warmed my heart that he chose to get it any way on his own accord.  So tonight we got all cheesy and held our left hands up together and said "Look, we're married!", as if  we haven't said something along those lines (sometimes lovingly, sometimes not so lovingly) everyday for the last 6 years and 4 months. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! That warms my heart too! Way to go for that hubby of yours!

What a cutie in the little vest!!

Rachel said...

I am so glad ya'll worked through everything. Marriage is not easy- that is such a sweet story! I love Luke in that vest!!

Lucy Marie said...

Dude - I cannot believe that Texas has had snow before us. We've had some snowflakes in the air, but nothing on the ground (at least HERE in my town - there has been snow lots of places around us). That's crazy, dude!

Also - that's really nice that he replaced his ring. I think it's an important symbol.

Lucy Marie said...

Oops sorry - I posted from the wrong account. That was me!