Saturday, December 19, 2009

Santa's 1st round

Today was Santa's first round of visition for our little family.  We had to travel to Colorado City to make sure we didn't miss him. 

There were presents to unwrap:



Sweets to steal (this was SUPPOSED to be part of Papa's stocking):



Outdoors to conquer:



And a car to practice driving home:



All in all it was a great day!  We played games and sat around and visited and ate, ate, ATE!!!  The women folks (read- Mom and Aunt Patty) had decided to have a Mexican food feast for our Christmas dinner.  They thought if we had turkey it would be the exact same meal we had at Thanksgiving, so Mexican it was.  Except I don't like Mexican.  ;(  My cousin saved the day though, by making a good salad  with pinto beans, Fritos, cheese, tomatos and lettuce.  Mmmmmm.  I had it for dinner too. 

As we sat down to eat the unconvintional holiday meal, Aunt Patty declared, "Merry Christmas everyone!  Wait.......I guess I should say  Bueno Jesusmas!"  (pronounced Hey-SUS-mas) 

Oh my goodness we haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Then someone gently reminded her that Merry Christmas in Spanish is Feliz Navidad.  And that Bueno Jesusmas would really mean Good Jesus-mas.  *sigh* I still smile to think about it. 

Oh, and my blackberry cobbler was a HUGE hit!  I thought between the two chocolate pies, two coconut pies, fudge, peanut butter cookies, chocolate covered preztles, haystacks, and cinnoman glass it would get lost in the shuffle and just get nibbled on.  Ya'll, it is GONE.  (and Mandy- it's the recipe with only 5 ingrediants.  I accidentally put in an extra 1/4 cup of sugar, and an extra cup of blackberries)  I'm a little sad I won't have any to take home!

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Yay for Christmas! At least if the Christmas meal is all made up of stuff you don't like, you won't have to worry about putting on the extra 10 holiday pounds that I'm trying to figure out how to avoid this year :)

Rachel said...

I love Blackberry Cobbler! Mark makes it every summer with fressh blackberries from the hunting club. YUM! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas- Luke is as adorable as ever :)