Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lazy=not so still

Yesterday in an effort to prevent any more bloodshed or near vehicle induced injuries to my baby boy, I switched on the cartoons and we spent the morning on the couch.  It worked up through lunch time and nap time.  After nap time though?  Boy was itching to move his feet.  Combine that with his obsession of riding in the car, and I was about to tear my ears off if I heard "Wuka get chu's and stocks?  Go in Momma's car?  Car-age does go up?"  one more time.  Translated that is "Luke get shoes and socks?  Go in Momma's car?  Garage door go up?"  Dude.  Wanted.  To.  Go. 

Well, it just so happened that it was still happy hour time at Sonic, it was a beautiful day, and I was fresh from the shower.  So I told him to go get some shorts and shoes (he still had on his jammies top and the socks he insisted on wearing to bed the night before), and we would go.  He literally cheered.  I threw on one of Cody's undershirts and a pair of athletic shorts, and once I put on what he brought me, Luke looked like this.


Oh I laughed.  What a pair we made.  I didn't have any make up on, my hair was still dripping, and he looked like a mismatched hobo.  But we weren't getting out of the car, so I just piled us in and off we were.  Did I already mention it was a beautiful day?   Just lovely.  Driving with my cherry limeade, window down, wet hair, music going, summer is coming.  And just for a minute I felt like I was back in high school.  Same car, same boyfriend, same town, same streets, same neighborhood.  Even some of the same music.  Ha!  The only difference?  It's a decade later, and my back seat is filled with harnesses for little people who call me Mom.

We got back home and I did let Luke play out back for the rest of the afternoon.  And sure enough, he fell twice and skinned his knees, drawing more blood.  He definitely has the knees of a boy now.

Today was just as lazy.  We got up at 8.  I made muffins and the rest of the sausage links from dinner the other night.  We played cars.  We read books.  Then Mom and Dad came over to grab the boy and took him up to play on  this train that is in front of a dentist's office here in town.  Then they went over to play in some fountains, had some lunch, and brought him back in time for a nap. 





I think he had fun.  What did I do while they were gone?  Took a nap for an hour, then a hot shower.  Yep.  That's it.  But to be fair, they were gone for just under a couple of hours.

No comments: