Friday, March 25, 2011

Refreshment

You know when you have plans, and you think the day leading up to those plans is going to go one way, but it seems like everything in the universe is trying to stop you from going?  That's how yesterday was.  I had plans to go to a worship night at my friend's house last night, and the whole day was so trying that I just wanted to give up and stay home.  But something told me that was the opposite of what I needed to do.  And sure enough, the Spirit was right.  I'm so glad I butched  up and went (even with my bad attitude at first).  It was such a breath of fresh air.  Totally calmed my spirit and soothed all my chapped bits.  I know personally I'm really bad about getting into this rut in my day to day life where God just hears the brunt of all I have to complain about, and then the object of my frustration when all those things that I complain about don't get fixed.  Having a place to go where I could just sit and be still with Him was something I've been lacking.  There is a gigantic difference between sitting in front of the tv mindlessly trying to "relax" and have a peaceful time, and sitting in front of the Lord just dwelling on him.  Seriously as relaxed as I would have by getting a massage, and not one finger was laid on me.  ;) 

Yesterday morning I took the boys to Target for Luke's Easter bunny surprises and a birthday present for a party we are going to on Saturday.  Usually Luke is running up and down the isles, so I didn't think it would be a problem to sneak a few things into the cart for his Easter basket.  Wouldn't you know that it was the day, of all day's, that he was stuck to me like glue.  I even tried to physically push him away, to go look at something else on the isle, and he wouldn't budge.  Stinker.  Besides my worship night, one other good thing did happen though....my maternity pictures came in!  I was shocked that the turn around was so fast!  I ordered some for Evan's room:


(this frame was the first thing I ever bought for her.  I messed up and ordered a 5x7 for it instead of a 4x6, so I couldn't fit the top corner in the scroll-y thing to hold it in, just stuck a bit of tape in there.  Oh well, eventually it will get replaced with a picture of both together and be in my room!)


(not it's permanent frame.  I'll get a black one to match the room, I just wanted to make sure I liked the layout first, as opposed to framing each individually)

One for Luke's room:



And a family photo for the living room.  I didn't take a picture of that one though.

Today was just another home day.  Watched my some of my Thursday night shows.  Did a little laundry.  Chatted with Lindsay through instant messaging on my fancy new phone.  I am loving it!  Eventually I'll figure out how to upload the pictures I take on it to this here spot, and *lucky you* will just have another source of photos of my dear boy (and girl- when she gets here!).  Tonight Luke and I went over to my grandmother's for dinner.  That's it.  That was our day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you did the pictures. Perfect!! So happy you took time to spend with our Lord. We all need to take quiet time to sit and listen to Him. Love you!

~Luke and Evan's Nana~

Lucy Marie said...

So glad you took advantage of that opportunity and went to the worship night. The pics look great!!