Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Special package arrived

I have been anxiously checking the mail over the last couple of days.  Why?  Because I finally got to order my necklace.  Last year right before Mother's Day I discovered the beautiful world of handstamped jewelry on Etsy.  The only problem was a mere week before Mother's Day, so it was too late to order something for the occasion.  Super bummer.  I told Cody to plan on one of those necklaces to be mine for Christmas, I'd let him know what it should say/look like.  Well, apparently there was a reason God didn't want me to have that necklace for last MD, and that reason was Evan.  When I found out I was pregnant, I'm not gonna lie....I was a little bummed that it would push back the time of when I could order something.  Obviously I was gonna have to wait until after the baby had been assigned a gender by the doctor and a name by us.  Which wasn't scheduled to happen until January.  Missed the gift giving time again.  Ahhhhh!  Ya'll know how I'm not very good at waiting when I know what I want. 

So what have I done about all of this in the last year?  Only what I do best- obsess.  I've obsessively looked at the hundreds and hundreds of Etsy sites trying to figure out exactly what I wanted.  Originally I was going to have just Luke's name, but then I decided on a necklace that would combine the phrase "for you I pray" with his name.  Then when Evan had a name, her name would be added to his.  AND THEN I fell in love with the song "you are my sunshine" in regards to my love for my children.  Which led to a necklace that would say "my sunshine" with their names.  So I spent hours and hours finding an Etsy seller that had fonts that I loved, something similar in stock that would be easy to modify (which would mean I'm more likely to get exactly what I want), and was priced just right.  And I finally found it! 



And it came today!  I was/am so friggen exited.  It is supposed to be my Mother's Day present this year, but I just couldn't wait any longer.  Couldn't.  Besides, Mother's Day is a mere 4 weeks before my due date, so I'm sure I'll have other things on my agenda at that point.  Right?!  ;)  I went ahead and got a green bead added to it just in case she's born in May.  If I hit June 1st and I'm still not in the hospital, I'll just pop that little sucker off with the tools I bought awhile ago when I made my own necklace, and the pearl will be for my two June bugs. 

In case you were wondering, I got my new lovely here.  And it's even become it's own listing!  How cool is that?!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

It's precious. I love it!