Thursday, October 21, 2010

I've got to get back

So, over the last few weeks I've taken a break from sewing.  I wasn't really getting any Etsy orders in, so I just kinda stopped.  But I have GOT to get back into the swing of things.  I just know the mess it's going to make, and it's a little daunting.

This afternoon Luke, Kayden and I met my friend Michelle and her husband Jason for lunch at Rosa's.  I packed the boys each a lunch and headed out, preparing for a circus.  And a circus it was.  Between trying to keep Kayden in his highchair and his food off the floor and keeping Luke contained in the booth and not eating MY food, we were a bit of a show.  I'm sure a little more than the Webb's had bargained for.  They don't have kids yet, and I'm thinking we pushed that back a little farther today. 

Tonight I did nothing but brows on Etsy.  It was delightful, yet a little frustrating.  I'm ready to know what this baby is NOW so that I can start picking out what I want!  But I'm not going to wish away this pregnancy.  I love love love being pregnant and since it's most likely my last (but who knows for sure since we apparently aren't great about planning them) I'm going to savor every day of it.  I must admit though, I'm dreaming of the day I'm surrounded by matching baby gear, rocking away the evenings. 

Speaking of evenings, we've already established that Luke's a funny kid.  There is this Ragu commercial that comes on now, where two tomatoes rise up out of the jar of tomato sauce and travel around the kitchen to get to the plate of spaghetti.  For some reason this greatly concerns my son and EVERY. TIME. it comes one he gets real still, eyes glued to the tv, and just repeats "uh oh,  uh oh,  uh oh" until it's over.  Don't ask me what that's about.  He also saw me make myself some chocolate milk after I'd already poured him some apple juice.  Of course he wanted the chocolate milk, but I told him he had to drink the juice first.  Well, I didn't realize it until he started cheering for himself, but he POUNDED that juice so he could have chocolate milk.  And then he realized the accomplishment of what he did so quickly that he laughed and clapped and cheered.  What a goon.  And obviously poor planning on my part, because then he was so full of juice that he didn't really eat dinner.  Oops.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

I can't wait to find out what you're having, either! I'm soooo excited. Maybe Luke is concerned the tomatoes will drop on the floor and make a mess?