Sunday, October 3, 2010

Small Groups

Tonight I had our life group over.  I love playing the hostess, and I love visiting with my friends, so putting the two together makes for a fantastic evening.  We had tostados and chocolate chip cookies, and lemme tell you it was YUMMY.  And to top off an already wonderful evening, the kids mostly played in the back yard and someone (I'm thinking Caleb, my beloved Sara's husband) cleaned up the kitchen for me so literally all I did when everyone left was put the place mats away and turn on the dishwasher.  Now do you see why I love my friends?  With the kids outside us gals were able to sit around the dinning room table and actually have real conversations.  Amazing!  Needless to say I'm going to bed a happy gal. 


Caleb being super dad and reading some of the kids a story.

Now for the rest of the day.  When I got out of the shower this morning, trying to get ready for church, this is the sight that greeted my eyes. 


Awesome.  We eventually got all dressed, fed, and out the door.  Luke was actually a very good boy in church service (no idea about bible class!), but he was VERY busy.  Very.  Busy.  Finally I asked him if he wanted to go play in the nursery.  He said yes.  I was happy to oblige, just thrilled that we were going back by choice, not because of a temper tantrum.  After church we went to lunch with Mom and Dad, then hit the sheets at home for naptime. 

Well, I hit the sheets for naptime.  I made the mistake of laying down before making sure he was out, and I woke up by giggling an hour later.  It turns out he hadn't gone to sleep at all, but had pulled out all of his toys in his room and I found the back door wide open.  Not to thrilled I was able to sleep through all of that.  About 30 minutes (and a poopy diaper) later he was finally asleep and slept until 4:30.  I was watching tv when he got up and I still didn't hear him.  All I hear was "Mom!  Mom!  Mom!"  I tried to beckon him to me on the couch but he wouldn't come, so I went to him.  But first I had to find him.  Eventually I found him curled up in the dog's bed.  *shaking head*  Sometimes I don't know what to do with that kid. 

No comments: