Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thoughts in bullets

-First off, thank you for all the support in my new pregnancy!  I am so thankful for everyone's encouraging words and prayers!

-A couple of days ago Luke ate most of his breakfast, but still had about half the fruit I had served left on his plate.  About that time I was cutting myself a slice of crumb cake for my own breakfast, and quick as lighting that boy was out of his chair with his plate, ran over to the trash can to dump the remains, then was by my side begging with an empty plate for his share. 

-Later that afternoon I was sitting on my bed pecking away on the laptop.  There is a direct view from our bed to the front door.  I had the door open because Kayden was going to get picked up eventually.  Luke was messing with the glass door, opening and closing it, testing the waters on if he could sneak away.  I told him he better not go outside, he needed to stay inside the house.  So what did he do?  Came and closed my bedroom door so I couldn't "see" him, then proceeded to get out again.  Sneaky boy!

-Last night I got to hang out with my friend Taylor.  She had a photo shoot in McKinney and was starved on the way home, so Luke and I met her for hamburgers in The Colony.  As soon as we sat down I ordered a plate of chili cheese fries for the table and Oh. My. Goodness.  It was delightful.  By the time our hamburgers came I could only eat 3 bites of my burger I was so full on chili cheese fries.  Then we came back to my house and sat on the couch visiting until midnight.  MIDNIGHT!  What are we?  13?  But it was so nice getting to visit since she's been so busy with work.  We didn't even realize what time it was!

-Tonight Cody and I went with some friends to Gold Class Theaters.  Have you heard about them?  Oh lordy.  It was like the movie star experience of going to the movies.  The chairs were actually suede recliners that could lay all the way back.  They brought me a blanket.  You could order dinner, and it was a  fancy menu.  I got some rice paper wrapped chicken ginger rolls and beer battered onion rings.  It was so good I finally had to just force myself to stop.  Between my full belly, the close movie screen, all the action (we saw the movie Red), the noise, and pregnancy hormones, I had to go out into the hall and take a tummy time out.  But it was still so fun!  Too bad it's so expensive or it would be my new Saturday night fall back plan.

1 comment:

Haley said...

Your blog is always a delight to read. Thank you Lins! I'm so jealous you went to one of those awesome movie theaters.