Friday, October 8, 2010

Mom's time out

Today was another uneventful day.  Had a pumpkin bagel with pumpkin cream cheese and pumpkin creamer in my decaf.  Caught up on the shows from last night.  Took an almost three hour nap with the boys.  Made the bed.  Cooked spaghetti for dinner. 

But tonight I needed ice cream.  I would have liked for it to be a family affair with all three of us going, but Cody had a long day and didn't feel like getting out.  So I did the next best thing........I went alone.  I rode with the windows down and the music up.  I didn't share my ice cream with anyone.  I rode back home with the windows down and the music up.  It was wonderful.  And it was only 20 minutes.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, being a mom is the most incredible thing ever.  All the stuff that you give up for that precious child rarely ever crosses my mind.  It's hard to believe before you have kids, but you really and truly don't care.  At least I don't.  But Luke doesn't like it when the windows are down.  And it's important to me to keep small ears healthy.  So consequently I don't normally have the windows down or the music very loud (although, I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I roll 'em down and just tell him to deal.  Ha!)  This means stolen moments all to myself, letting me act like the 27 year old  that I am (okay, or 18.  Whatever.) are sacred.  It was nice.  And then I missed my boy and came home with half my ice cream for him.

No comments: