Monday, October 11, 2010

Shopping day

What a productive day!  Since it's Columbus Day, the school district gave everyone the day off for a "fair day".  Well, we already went to the fair, so what else was there to do but shop?!

Obviously Kayden stayed home today, and obviously it's Monday so it's cleaning day.  Let me tell you.  I got EVERYTHING done before noon, when it usually takes at least a day and a half.  Not having an extra kid around makes a difference!  I swept, swiffered, mopped, vacuumed, scrubbed both bathrooms, tidied the bedrooms, did 5 loads of laundry and dealt with the dishwasher.  Before noon.

Besides wanting to get it all done before Kayden comes back tomorrow, I did have an appointment this afternoon that I was killing time to get to.  After my appointment Mom and Ashley and I went shopping.  Whew did we go shopping!  More accurately Nana went shopping for Luke and Momma and Auntie were along for the ride.  He's got a new dress coat for winter.  New sweater.  New shirts.  New hat.  New BOW TIE (Not a regular tie, but an actual bow tie.  Oh, I die.  It's perfect.)  We had a snack at Corner Bakery.  Actually, they had a snack, I had the french toast with scrambled eggs and salsa and bacon.  What can I say?  I was hungry. 

Then tonight I had my mentoring group meeting for church.  It's a group of 9 ladies of various ages to listen, mentor, and pray through life together.  I'm the prayer coordinator.  Yikes!  But it was nice and I'm hoping will be a good guiding voice through the roughness that is my life right now. 

And now I'm ready to fall over dead  from a busy day.

No comments: