Monday, October 4, 2010


Oh man, I jinxed myself last night.  After bragging about what a wonderful evening we had, the night (or should I say early morning) wasn't so great. 

I was woken up at 2 AM to the sound of my baby crying.  That hasn't happened in a while.  I ran down the hall and my poor sweet boy was crying in his sleep and gasping for air.  I finally had to wake him up and sit him in my lap to get him to calm down.  He was having major stryder (a bark/gasp/cough noise that happens when kids are working really hard to get air) and occasionally hoarseness.  I was thisclose to taking him to the ER because the rescue inhaler that I had on hand expired LAST DECEMBER (that's how long it's been since we've had to use it!) and I didn't have any breathing treatments on had for the nebulizer.  Very scary.  Finally I just gave him extra puffs of the expired inhaler (they don't tend to actually go bad, the medicine is just less effective) and it helped a little.  By 3:30 I felt like he was okay enough for me to go back to bed.  Needless to say, this momma is very tired today.  I even took a luxurious 2 hour nap (oh, there were clean sheets and a quick shower before hand for myself, the combination of the two things is just heavenly) with the boys and I'm STILL tired. 

When Luke got up this morning he was a big ball of crank.  I'm talking, cried for 45 minutes, everything in the world was wrong, nothing could snap him out of it.  But when he finally did come around he was a very sweet good boy the rest of the day.   I called the pediatrician to get a refill on our inhalers so this wouldn't happen again, and they made me bring him in.  Boooooo.   I'm gonna be so mad if he catches something from the waiting room.  I knew he wasn't sick, that it was mostly likely an asthmatic flare up from allergies because he played outside a lot yesterday and the temps have dropped, and sure enough I was right.  On our way we stopped at Sonic for happy hour and I decided I needed some chili cheese fries too.  Oh, they were so good.  And later I was super glad I'd had a snack because we were at the dr's for an hour and a half, then we had to wait to get the prescriptions inhalers filled (oy those are expensive boogers), so I was very tired/hungry/cranky by the time we got home at 7.  Yes.  7 PM.  Fingers crossed nothing develops in the next 48 hours!

No comments: