Thursday, October 28, 2010

Special Day

Today was Cody's birthday!  He's not big into celebrations or special days, but that doesn't stop me from trying!  Poor guy had to work some overtime today, but when he got home we went out to dinner with his parents to Outback.  Mmmmm, I know after a steak and shrimp dinner I shouldn't still be obsessed with the salad, but hey pregnancy does crazy things to ya.  And all I can think about was the blue cheese pecan chopped salad.  Momma wants more.

This afternoon I let Luke make Daddy a birthday card.  It was the first time he got to use markers, and he is hooked!  It was very sweet, Cody said it was the best birthday present he could have gotten and I could tell he really meant it. 


So now Cody and I are back to being the same age.  If you remember, my birthday was in June, so for just these few months it's very obvious I'm slightly older.  SLIGHTLY y'all.  But all is right, now! 

On a completely different note, Luke helped me make up my bed today.  After we were done he brought in a little something extra and put in on the bed for me.  Doesn't it fit right in?

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Glad you had a great dinner. It's okay to enjoy the salad the best. Whenever I go to Red Lobster, the thing I leave thinking about is the baked potato. I don't know what it is about it, but they are SO good there - I often say I should just order that and nothing else.