Friday, June 4, 2010

All over the place

This entery is going to a little bit all over the place.  I thought that I would really get to talk about yesterday, but I ended up being totally exhausted with a little bit of an uneasy tummy so I went to bed as soon as I put Luke down. 

Yesterday morning I was cutting up some strawberries for Luke's breakfast.  I've had this carton of strawberries for a couple of days in the fridge, and who knows how long it was at the store.  But look what I found in the bottom of it!


At first I thought it was dead, from the cold in the fridge, but when I went to pick it up little legs popped out and tried to get out of the way.  I couldn't believe the little lady bug was still alive!  I gingerly placed her on my finger and then tossed her out the back door.  I like to believe I have a new friend in my back yard now.  At least I didn't kill her like I did this one. 

Also yesterday morning I made a couple of birthday presents for two little girls who are both turning three this month.  Claire's party is tomorrow and Jocelyn's party is next Saturday.  I thought that my new found skill of the crayon roll would serve them well, each coupled with a brand new coloring book.  Sounds like a three year old's dream right?  I know it's mine.  I bought Luke a new coloring book too, and I may or may not have already colored a picture in it.



Durning nap time I sprayed the yard with that new crab grass killer that I bought.  Call me crazy, but I swear that today the cb looked just a little bit droopy, a little bit wilted.  Has it finally met it's demise?  I'll keep you posted.  I know it's a high priority on eveyone's list.

Later on after nap time Luke and I went out to do some errands.  I thought he looked super cute in his outfit.  (ummmm, after I finished all of this, I realized this might have been from Wednesday.  Like I said, things have been fuzzy lately.  Whatever.  It was on the camera and it was cute, so I had to post it.)


Hobby Lobby hasn't gotten their denim bags in for a long time, the ones I use to make people diaper bags, and I went on the hunt to find something I could use instead.  Guess who has nothing even remotely close?  Michael's and JoAnn's.  Grrrrr.....But I did pick up a few other things at JoAnn's, and after Michael's we walked next door to Barnes and Noble where I picked up several books for Luke's birthday.  Except when I was trying to get him to leave the little play area he threw a big screaming fit on the floor.  You know what's not fun?  Trying to balance an arm-load of books, your purse, a sippy cup, and a thrashing toddler all by yourself.  *sigh*  I was THISCLOSE to leaving the books on the closest shelf and hauling him out there.  Lucky for him he got a grip just in time.

I'm super excited about these books, I wish I could give them to him now.  There is one thats in the shape of a motorcycle with real wheels where the wheels in the picture are. He's gonna love it!

Anyway, when we got home we had dinner, I put him to bed, and then I went to bed too.  But we've already talked about that. 

This morning it totally felt like Saturday for some reason. The only reason I knew it wasn't was because Kayden was here.  We didn't do much.  I did some laundry.  Picked up the house (going to bed so early last night left it looking like a tornado came through).  Hmmmmm....I know I did more things.  Why can't I remember them?  *sigh*  I feel like I've been living in a fog the last few days.  Everything is just kinda hazy and floating by.  I blame the heat.  While the boys were napping today I got outside for a little sun.  While I was out there I was inspecting my little herbs.  They are doing h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e.  For some reason pretty much everything is fading fast, except for the basil which appeared to be severely chomped on.  Upon closer inspection I found this.


Yep.  That would do it.  I scooped him up and tossed him in a huge pile of crab grass.  I figured if he some how survives the poison on the grass then I say he deserves to live. 

At one point today I realized that Luke's milk cup had gone missing.  I searched high and low for that sucker.  I was not about to let it go, forget, and then next week have to throw away another cup when it turned up.  The more I looked the more annoyed I got.  When I finally found it in between the back of the couch and the cushion I was totally worked up.  Then Cody called and told me he was going to happy hour with some people from work when they got off.  That did not help my overly annoyed mood. 

I ended up texting Ashley to see what she was doing for dinner.  She said that she and Mom and Dad were going to Fuzzy Tacos and we were welcomed to come.  So we did!  It was super good.  Then after dinner it was only 7 (!) so we went to a park to play for a little bit.  We had fun.  And Luke's developed a habbit that I find endearing. 

I have lots of memories of my Grandy stretched out in his recliner, one arm up over head, half asleep, chewing on the corner of his shirt.  Not in a goat kinda way.  I love seeing little family traits come through like this.  And the shy way he will turn his face away from something, like his daddy.  Or his lack of giving/recieving affection like his momma.  ;) 

A few minutes ago I sat down to where I keep my lap top and there were little black ants everywhere.  Bah.  Not again!  It seems like ever summer we have a mini invasion somewhere in the house.  Last year it was the comptuer room and the year before that it was the left window in the living room.  They don't bite, but they are super pesky.  And obvisously hard to get rid of .

Also I've developed a thing for bread and butter pickles.  I've never really been a pickle person before, but for some reason they are wonderful right now.  And don't you dare ask me if I'm pregnant.  That's just cruel and unusual punishment.  Your tastebuds change every few years, and mine have finally developed a taste for this particular pickle. 

I could also talk about how I've finally broken into the New Testement in my read-the-bible-in-a-year thing, but I think I've carried on enough for tonight.  Maybe I'll talk about it tomorrow.  If I remember.  Which at this point is on slim chances since tomorrow the heat is supposed to be near 100.

1 comment:

Farmgirl Paints said...

My daughter loves pickles. I really should give in and keep them around just for her.

Good luck with your Bible goals. I should do the same. I've got about 5 books on my night stand that need read. I've just really dropped the ball on reading as of late. Thanks for the reminder. Stay cool.