Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My baby is 2

Oh, can it be so?  It's just not possible that my sweet infant baby boy is a raging two year old.  No.  It's not happening. 

What did happen today, was a day full of parties.  Well, two parties to be exact.  The first one was this friends at the pool.  It rained yesterday, and it's going to rain tomorrow, but today was perfect weather.  Perfect.  There were decorations.....


And some cake.....



More juice boxes than I could keep track of....


A little song.....


And three hours worth of swimming.....


Yes, I said three hours.  Needless to say we came home and he crashed.  While he napped I got it things ready for the family bbq.  That's when we opened the presents.  Okay.  I opened the presents.  He didn't really want anything to do with them except for a couple of different cars that he kept in his hands.  Oh me oh my.  We have a plethora of cars now.  And he loves it.  We have several new movies.  And he loves it.  It was a very very successful birthday for my little man.  And I was so pleased with how the parties turned out.  I don't think I ever realized before how special they could be.  Yeah, as a kid you love them because there is cake and you get presents, but as a parent it just made ME feel so loved that so many people came together today simply to celebrate my precious baby.  Just warms me up. 



3 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

I'm so glad it all went so well. Happy 2nd Birthday to your little dude.

The Raymond Family said...

How fun!! I hate that we couldn't make it!

Mandy said...

Happy birthday, Luke! Looks like a fun party!