Thursday, June 10, 2010

You colored WHERE?

Yesterday was probably one of my worst Momma days to date.  He threw fits.  He screamed in the grocery store.  He lost a shoe there.  He hid my phone.  He colored on the couch with black crayon.  He wouldn't eat.  By 5:30 I was nearly in tears and at the end of my rope, so I called Mom and told her she better come pick up a toddler before the toddler was no more.  I knew it wouldn't be that big of a deal because I was close to church time and she teaches his bible class on Wednesday nights, so he could just go with her.  Momma needed a b.r.e.a.k.  What's more, was my friend Tara (who also happens to be Cody's cousin) was over and I was teaching her how to sew.  Once Terror was gone I was able to calm down and focus and we had a great time!  Sewing soothes my soul, and fellowship soothes my soul, so putting the two together on a stressful day was good.   Here's what we did!


Well, mostly she did it.  I really tried to stay out of it as much as possible.....I know myself.  I tend to just take over.  So I would show her the next step and then literally walk away.  I sat and finished the hand sewing parts to a couple of bags.  Ashley ordered this one for Kayden (who's last day was today!):


And a friend out of state ordered this one for her daughter:


Today went much better, and it started out lovely cause Cody wrote me a sweet poem for me to find this morning.  I love it when he does that.  We didn't do a whole lot the rest of the day.  I made a suprise for someone, which I'll post about in a few days, and then I took the bobbin area apart and cleaned out all the dust and lint in the sewing machine.  Lets hope it doesn't get snagged up any more.  It's really annoying when it does that.  Luke watched the movie Cars this morning.  Again.  He's becoming obessesed with it.  He makes the sign for "car" and then points to the tv.  He wanted to watch it after nap time too, but I said once a day was enough.  This could be a problem. 

Since he couldn't sit and watch tv, he thought he would make Kayden's car seat base into a garage:


And then when I took it away (he was pushing it back and it was starting to get dirty in the fire place) he thought he would really stick it to me and throw the dog's toys into the fire place.  Which meant she would jump in to get them back, and he would laugh hysterically.  It also meant that I now have little ashy paw prints all over the living room.  And on the couch. 


On the left side you can see the black marks from the crayon, on the right side the paw prints.  Don't you just want to cuddle up on that?  I vacuumed out the couch and flipped the cushions.  Magically clean! 

Tonight we went to dinner with Cody's parents.  They took us to Outback.  Mmmmmm.  I has steak and shrimp.  Luke had a grilled cheese with a side of patting the woman behind our booth on the head.  *sigh*  No wonder a mother's love is so fierce and strong.  How else would you be able to take a child out in public?

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

"A side of patting the woman on the head" ... love it!

Did you get a blooming onion? That is my favorite thing to get at the Outback!